• Published 8th May 2013
  • 14,364 Views, 648 Comments

Home in Banishment - Shadow Lord Malice



Sasuke and Naruto defeat Madara and the Juubi together, but are betrayed and thrown into time and space. Ending up in Equestria, their presence brings forth unforseen consequences.

  • ...
58
 648
 14,364

Dating; Advice, Attire, Action

The late afternoon sunlight washed over Carousel Boutique as Rarity went about her business, humming to herself as she worked. She was interrupted when she heard a frantic rapping upon her door.

"Now who in the world could that be?" She asked herself, and headed for the door. "I swear, if Sweetie Belle and her friends did something horrendous, again, there will be consequences." Reaching the door, Rarity opened it with her magic, revealing not three abashed fillies, but a frantic Fluttershy.

"Oh Rarity, thank goodness you're here." Said Fluttershy in rushed panic as she darted into the boutique. "I need help, serious help, and I don't know any other pony I could turn to." She continued as she frantically paced about.

"Darling, what in Equestria could possibly have you this stressed, and in need of moi?" Asked Rarity, confused over her friend's behavior.

"Um, well, I..." That was as far as Fluttershy got before she indecipherably whispered the rest whilst hiding her face within her mane.

"I'm afraid you'll have to speak up darling, I couldn't hear that."

"I have a date tomorrow."

"A trifle louder dear, if that wouldn't inconvenience you?"

"I have a date tomorrow." Rarity's ears twitched as she nearly caught the phrase.

"Just a little louder dear, I very well cannot help if I have no idea what you need help with." Mustering what little courage she had, Fluttershy managed to squeak out her dilemma.

"I have a date tomorrow." A pin rolled off of Rarity's worktable, hitting the ground with an audible ping. Rarity herself was stunned, no, beyond stunned. Just as Fluttershy feared the worst, the alabaster unicorn exploded into praise.

"That's wonderful news darling! Who's the stallion? what are your plans? Oh gracious me, you'll need a dress!" Before Fluttershy could interpret what was happening, she was on the stand while Rarity was fussing over her for dress details. "So darling, who's the fine stallion who's caught your eye? Is it Big Mac, Celestia knows you two would be perfect together, two gentle souls getting together, the bread and butter of every wonderful romance story." Gushed Rarity as she began looking over dress materials.

"U-um, well, it's not Big Mac. He's nice and all, but he just doesn't feel 'right'." Replied the timid pegasus, causing Rarity to gasp.

"Goodness darling, you're aiming for a serious relationship? Well then, this stallion must be something special. Please, you must tell me who he is." Fluttershy clammed up at this, having no confidence to declare she was asking Naruto out, especially to not only her friend, but the biggest gossiper in Ponyville. She wasn't ready for it to become public knowledge yet. No matter how much Rarity pleaded, Fluttershy remained silent. Finally the seamstress gave up.

"Ugh, fine, have it your way then. If you won't tell, then I won't press. However darling, whatever do you need my help for? Besides the dress of course."

"Well, I've never actually been on a date before. I have no idea what I'm supposed to do."

"Oh I see. Well then, first things first, who asked who out?"

"Um, I did."

"that means you need to do the planning." Rolls of material levitated off their shelves and began floating around the two mares. "Now then Fluttershy, the first thing you need are flowers."


Naruto re-entered the library, still wrapping his head around the fact he had been asked out. No one had done that before back home, and the novelty of it, combined with his own impulsiveness, had caused him to accept without understanding what he was getting into. Sure he liked Fluttershy and all, but dating a pony wasn't exactly something he had been planning to do in this world.

"...ruto. Nauto!" Naruto was brought out of his thoughts by Twilight's yelling.

"Huh? What was that Sparkles?" Twilight groaned at the use of her nickname, causing Trixie to snicker.

"As I was saying, what has you so lost in thought?" The lavender mare asked the blonde.

"Well believe it or not, I just got asked out by Fluttershy." That got everypony's attention.

"Wait, do you even know how dates and courting are conducted here in Equestria?" Twilight asked the ninja.

"Not a clue." Replied Naruto. "I figure it's pretty much the same as my world." Twilight resisted the overwhelming urge to smash her head against the wall, settling for facehoofing instead.

"Naruto, how could you possibly go about thinking that two completely different worlds would have the same dating practices?"

"What, so cleaning up, dressing snazzy, and giving the partner a good time doesn't happen here?" Twilight shook her head.

"That's an extremely small aspect of it all Naruto. There's so much more to it than that." With that, Twilight brought Naruto into the main room of the library and sat him down in a chair. Naruto was surprised by the fact that Sasuke was also in the library. Said Uchiha was soon sitting beside Naruto, and Twilight brought over a large chalkboard, setting it up in front of the two humans. "Okay then, to begin, the pony who asked the other pony out plans and sets the date up." She said, scribbling some things down on the board.

"Wait. You're giving us both a lesson in dating? The dobe I can get, but why me?" Asked Sasuke.

"Because you need to know these things as well. Continuing on, this means that Fluttershy will be in charge of everything. Fluttershy was the one who asked you out right, and not the other way around?" She asked, directing the question to Naruto.

"Nope, Flutters asked me out." Answered the blonde.

"Alright then. Now The first date is always formal, meaning we'll need to stop by Rarity's later so she can make you something. Fluttershy is going to give you a flower that matches her coat colour to show she is courting you. Normally this would be put in your mane, but with it being such an intense shade of yellow as it is, the flower won't stand out there, but we'll get to that later. Now, Fluttershy's going to be the lead of the date, meaning she's in charge. She opens the door for you, she pulls out the chair for you, and all that stuff."

"Wait a minute, I thought the guy was supposed to do that?" Interrupted Naruto. Twilight's eye twitched at the interruption, but she answered smoothly.

"Yes, if he was the lead. Since Fluttershy asked you out she has taken the lead for this date and as such it's her responsibility to do all that. If the partner starts doing that, it's a sign that they are unimpressed by the date, so remember that."

"That's going to be a tall order for the dobe. Back in our world, the male is always the 'leader' of the date, so no doubt he's going to fall on old habits." Remarked Sasuke, getting a response of indignance from Naruto.

"We'll have to work on that then. Moving on, the second date is much more casual." Twilight scribbled some more things down on the blackboard. "Usually the couple go to a town event or festival, or do something fun together. The third date is expected to be scenic, like a night of stargazing, or having an picnic near a lake or something. It's also after the third date where the two are required to kiss."


"Wait a minute, I have to kiss him?" Asked Fluttershy, a blush spreading across her face.

"Only on the third date darling. And besides, you must. If you don't, the relationship is off." Answered Rarity as she stitched together a portion of Fluttershy's dress. Fluttershy gulped at that.

"So what happens after the third date?" The pegasus asked.

"Well, dates one to three are merely a means to test the waters so to speak, the real dating begins with dates four to ten. You will also have to give him something a little more permanent then flowers."


"So you get something else than a flower this time?" Asked Sasuke, to which Twilight nodded.

"That's right. You also give your partner something as well. Earth ponies give each other pendants with a jewel matching their coats, pegasi give each other shed pinion feathers, and unicorns give each other vials of their magical essence."

"And we keep getting these things on each date?"

"No, just the fifth date. It symbolizes the two of you as special someponies. It's also the point where others can join the relationship." That got the two humans' attention very fast.

"Others?" Asked Naruto. "You're saying that you need to have more than one?"

"Well you don't 'need' to have multiple partners, it's just a lot more accepted. Monogamous relationships are becoming much more common now that the gender skew is stabilizing, but herds are still the dominant type of relationships."

"Aw heck, it's the CRA all over again." Groaned Naruto, not keen with the idea of having more than one partner.

"While I share the dobe's sentiments, I'm more interested in this aforementioned gender skew." Said Sasuke.

"Well, from the time before Equestria's founding to about five hundred years ago, the gender ratio was pretty uneven. Six mares for every one stallion was the ratio I believe. From five hundred years to fifty years ago, it was four mares for every one stallion. The present day ratio is still four mares per stallion, but colt foals are becoming more common, so that ratio could decrease again."


"Oh m-my, I don't know if I'd be comfortable with a herd." Squeaked Fluttershy.

"You don't have to have one darling. Nopony will look at you differently with a single partner. Now then, what color should the trim be?" With that, Rarity began levitating fabrics over to her for trimming the dress.


"Now, you stopped the date count at ten. Why?" Asked Sasuke.

"Oh, that's because at that point it's socially acceptable for the couple or herd to marry. The six dates are drawn out over the course of the year, and in between them you're still spending a lot of time with them, so by the time those dates are done you two would be ready to tie the knot. To be honest, there is no maximum to the number of dates before marriage, it's just that everypony eventually gets married after the tenth one." Sasuke nodded at this as it made sense.

"Of course Sparkles, you forgot to mention that during that period, the stallion is entitled to rut his mares." Said Trixie, grinning at the flabbergasted expression on Naruto's face, and the enraged expression of her fellow unicorn. Sasuke however, didn't seem all that fazed.

"Trixie!" Twilight hollered, thankful that Spike was currently out at the moment.

"What? The great and powerful Trixie is only making sure that these two humans understand the full scope of things. They should be thanking her." She said in her usual arrogant tone, though that was quickly stopped when Sasuke leveled her a glare.

"Wait wait wait, I gotta...well... screw Fluttershy?" Naruto asked, his face going bright red from embarrassment.

"Dobe, it's like relationships back home. Sex between close dating couples is completely normal. I don't see what the fuss is all about." Trixie then conjured up a neon light image of Naruto and Fluttershy going at it, much to the aforementioned human's embarrassment.

"Trixie, you're not helping!" Hollered Twilight as she dispelled the image with a wave of magic.

"Wasn't trying to." Was the cornflower unicorn's response, causing Twilight to grit her teeth in aggravation.

"Anyways Naruto, no you don't have to, though there's nothing wrong with it either." Naruto for his part was looking a bit nervous, something Sasuke instantly picked up on.

"What's up with you dobe? the whole thing about sex couldn't have jittered you that bad, you were trained by a self proclaimed super pervert." He said.

"Don't remind me. I miss the pervy sage, but why did he always have to be like that" Groaned the blonde, eliciting a shrug from the Uchiha.

"Everybody's got to cope somehow." He answered. "Still, you haven't answered my question." Then Sasuke's eyes narrowed. "In fact, as soon as Twilight started talking about relationships getting serious, you've been extremely high strung."

"What? No I haven't." Said Naruto, but Sasuke heard the slight hitch in his tone.

"Okay dobe, now I know something's up. What's up with you." At this, a pained look crossed Naruto's face.

"I just don't think I'm ready for anything serious yet. I mean, all I've done is have chats with teammates over dinner." Sasuke didn't buy it for an instant.

"That's a lie and you and I both know it. You told me yourself you were going to begin settling down after everything cooled off from the war. Well now you have your chance, unless..." Suddenly, everything snapped into place for Sasuke. "Unless you're still trying to delude yourself that we can get back." at that, Naruto got angry.

"Or maybe it's you who's just going to give up after someone says it's impossible!" Naruto snapped back.

"Dobe, Celestia herself told us none of these ponies have the individual power to go ripping holes in dimension. And even if they made it a collaborated effort, the absolute most that could be done would be sending us back into that void between worlds."

"Kurama can see the worlds when we're in that place, so we can get back that way."

"Kurama can only see the worlds, not what kind of worlds they are. We'd have no way of knowing which one is ours. Face it dobe, we're stuck here." Naruto tried to retort, but only silence poured from his mouth. Finally, Naruto gave up, and with an aggravated growl, stomped off.

"Yeah, well who asked you, bastard?" He said as he stormed past Sasuke. "And I'm not going on that date." The blonde added with authority as he slammed the door closed behind him, causing Twilight, and even Trixie, to flinch. Twilight tried chasing after Naruto, but an outstretched arm from Sasuke barred her way.

"Shouldn't we go after him?" She asked the Uchiha.

"In time. Right now, give him some time and space to work things out his own way. I'll go talk to him later." Replied Sasuke.

"If the great and powerful Trixie's memory serves, wasn't it you who caused this? Why would he listen to anything you say?" Stated Trixie.

"Because the dobe knows I'm right, but his pride and emotions are putting him in denial. Don't worry though, I'm pretty sure I can talk him into that date."


"Now then darling, if there's anything else you might need, do not hesitate to ask. My door is always open." Said Rarity as she and Fluttershy trotted out of the boutique.

"I will, and thank you for the dress, as well as the advice." Answered Fluttershy, a dress bag hanging on her left wing. Suddenly she had Rarity's forelimb pulling her close to the alabaster unicorn.

"Oh no need to thank me Fluttershy, just be sure to give me all the details." Rarity replied with a grin. With a shrill 'eep', Fluttershy zoomed back to her cottage, sporting a bright blush, leaving a snickering Rarity behind.

"Oh that mare can be so fun to tease sometimes." She said to herself, then proceeded to trot back into her boutique. "Now then, to set up. I have a stallion to prepare for."


(Insert BGM)
"Rasengan!" Shouted Naruto, demolishing another boulder with the spinning chakra orb. Piles of rubble, as well as some craters, dotted the field he was practicing in. Naruto had been blowing off steam for an hour, and doing it the only way he knew; training till he dropped. Panting, Naruto formed another ball of blue, practicing on getting it down with one hand in a situation outside of combat.

"You know dobe, I don't think the ponies would appreciate you tearing up the place." Sasuke's voice cut through Naruto's concentration like a blade of wind, causing the Rasengan to detonate in Naruto's hand. Shaking the victimized appendage to rid the pain and slight numbness, Naruto glared at the fellow human who was lounging upon a tree branch, back pressed against the trunk.

"And what do you want?" Growled the blonde, aggravation still bubbling within him.

"I came to tell you you're being a fool." Was Sasuke's casual response.

"Oh, so it's foolish to want to try everything before claiming something's impossible?"

"No. It's foolish to make it your sole commitment." Sasuke's response startled Naruto, having not been expected. "You want to go back why? To become Hokage? To bring peace?"

"I promised." Said Naruto, but was cut off before he could say more.

"And those whom you promised to would understand given the situation should you not fulfill them. Besides, what are you going to do should returning to our world actually be impossible? You're just setting yourself up for the one thing you hate the most, loneliness."

"And what do you want me to do then, huh? I want to get back home, dammit."

"Why? Aside from your promises, why do you want to go back? Why do you want to go back to a world where every day could be the day you die? Where every man you fight and kill could have had friends and family waiting for him back home. Where every job you do only adds to the hate that shackles us?"

"I'll change that."

"It's not about if you can or can't. It's about how fast you can do it. You're good dobe, but even you can't change the world in an instant. How fast can you change the world before you start losing friends? How fast can you change the world before you start losing family? How fast can you change the world before you start losing hope?" Every word cut into Naruto like a blade, causing him to flinch with each question. "You know what dobe, you'd suck as Hokage."

"Oh you take that back you bastard! You saw what our shinobi were like during the war. Who do you think caused that? Me! When the kages came back saying granny was dead, who stepped up to lead the leaf? Me! After seeing me lead them, after seeing me protect them, do you seriously think I would suck as Hokage!" Naruto roared in outrage.

"Yes!" Sasuke roared right back. "Yes, and I'll tell you why. You may have the strength to lead, the will to command, and the power to protect, but you can't for the life of you learn to let go!" Again Naruto flinched back, and before he could retort, Sasuke continued. "Lets say you got the hat, that you married Hinata, that you did everything you said you'd do while we were stuck in those hospital beds. Every time you'd go to assign the missions, as soon as you saw someone precious to you, you'd stop and think to yourself, is today the day I lose them? With that thought, you'd immediately assign them something you know wouldn't get them killed, even if the dangerous mission would potentially fail without that team. That is why you'd fail as Hokage Naruto. You may be willing to die for the village, but you are unwilling to send those you care about to die for the village." Naruto wanted to retort, to prove Sasuke wrong, but no matter how hard he tried, his voice refused to work, because deep down he knew the Uchiha was right on the money.

"So what should I do then? Just give up on trying to get back home?" He asked, his voice quieter.

"No. Like I said, don't make it your sole commitment. Build up bonds and relationships here so that if there truly is no way back home, at least you have precious people here." Sasuke replied.

"And if there is a way back? I don't want to go breaking hearts, Sasuke." At this the Uchiha shrugged.

"As they say, better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all. I'm sure given time they'll all heal and move on. I'm sure if you make your intentions to get back home known to Fluttershy, she'll understand if you do manage it." Soon, the conversation dissolved into a glaring match, something Sasuke won hands down.

"Fine, I'll go on a date with Fluttershy." Naruto relented. "But I'm not going to be aiming for anything serious with her." Sasuke once again shrugged.

"Not my place or problem." He replied. Casting his gaze up, he noticed the sun had gotten much lower. "It's gotten late dobe, I'll see you tomorrow at Rarity's." This confused the blonde.

"What are you going for?" He asked.

"If Twilight is anything like she's shown herself to be, she'll insist that I get some formal wear as well so that I'm prepared for dating as well." Sasuke answered, causing Naruto to chuckle and nod.

"Yup, that sounds like Sparkles." With that, the two humans went their separate ways.

(End BGM)


With a final scratch of the quill, Rarity finished all her fabric and accessory orders for the next year. Smiling to herself, she sealed all the order forms and payment into their proper envelopes, and prepared to head out to the post office to drop off her order forms, when suddenly Sweetie Belle rushed by, nearly knocking her older sister over.

"Sweetie Belle! Watch where you're going. You could hurt somepony dashing about like that." Sweetie Belle skidded to a stop, an admonished look upon her face.

"Sorry sis, it's just that Scoots and Apple Bloom are here." She said.

"Well just be careful alright? Just because you're excited doesn't mean you should go rushing about without regard." Picking up her fallen envelopes in her magical grasp, an idea suddenly came to her. "Sweetie, could you and your friends deliver these to the post office for me please? It might get you your cutie marks."

"Sure, sis." Sweetie answered gleefully, taking the offered envelopes.

"Cutie mark Crusaders: Mailmares, Yay!" The trio of fillies chorused, and sped off to the post office, Rarity watching them go with a giggle.

"Oh those fillies." She muttered to herself, and trotted back into her boutique, setting up shop for a new day.


The chill morning air greeted Sasuke, Naruto, and Twilight as the trio made their way to Carousel Boutique. Sasuke and Naruto were walking alongside each other, whilst Twilight followed from behind.

"Now remember dobe, let me do the talking." Said Sasuke as the boutique came into view.

"Hey, it's my suit she's gonna be working on, so why do you get to call the shots?" Replied Naruto, his tone aggressive. Calmly sidestepping the trio of fillies calling themselves the Cutie Mark Crusaders as they dashed by, Sasuke gave his answer.

"Because, dobe, if you had your way, your suit would be something ridiculous in solid bright orange. You'd blind half the town with it." From behind the two, Twilight was trying hard not to giggle, not only at Sasuke's rather accurate statement, but Naruto's indignant expression. Naruto was about to retort, but the three had reached their destination before he could. Stepping through the doors, the doorbell jingled in announcement of their entry.

"Welcome to Carousel Boutique. Where everything is chic, unique, and magnifique." Called out Rarity as she entered the main room, a look of surprise adorning her face upon seeing her first customers of the day.

"Sasuke, Naruto, what a surprise. What is it you two need of moi?" She asked.

"They're going to need some formal attire, Rarity." Said Twilight, stepping out from behind the two in front of her.

"Oh gracious, forgive me for ignoring you Twilight, I didn't see you there." Apologized Rarity, then her expression became thoughtful. "And why pray tell, do these two require such garments? The Grand Galloping Gala isn't until the end of April."

"Naruto's been asked out on a date, and I want Sasuke to be prepared in case he ever is as well." Answered Twilight. That got Rarity's attention fast.

"Somepony asked Naruto out?" She asked in surprise.

"Yes, and believe it or not, but it was Fluttershy of all ponies." Twilight answered.

"Wait, Fluttershy!" Exclaimed Rarity in absolute shock, to which the three just nodded in response. "Well, I didn't take her to be an exotic. I suppose her silence on the matter yesterday makes complete sense now. Excuse me for a moment you three, I need my supplies." With that, Rarity trotted into her storage room, leaving the three to themselves.

"Exotic? Asked Sasuke, looking down at Twilight.

"That's basically the common term for ponies who are dating outside their species." She replied. "It's usually a lot more common amongst the border towns." Soon, Rarity returned, a cluster of objects levitating behind her.

"Alright you two, on the stage." Doing as they were told, Sasuke and Naruto were soon standing on the stage, partially surrounded by mirrors." Now then, I still have your measurements, so we can skip that, and I have an idea for Naruto's suit. Sasuke however, is going to be tricky."

"How so, Rarity?" Asked Twilight.

"Well darling, when I do these kinds of things, I usually make the suit and dress match each other. Sasuke doesn't have a dress designed to go with his own suit, so I need to come up with something that can go with anything I make. As I've said though, it's a tricky thing to do."

"Can't you just, I don't know, make a dress to go with the suit?"

"You really need to stop putting your hoof in your mouth Twilight." Answered Sasuke, beating Rarity to a response. Upon seeing Twilight's look of confusion, he elaborated. "Rarity makes her suits and dresses unique to the individual, thus, what you're suggesting is impossible. If she does go with what you're saying, who's to say the dress will match the wearer."

"Why Sasuke, I had no idea you knew me so well." Said Rarity playfully.

"I lived with you for three and a half weeks, Rarity. I picked up a few things about you during that time." With that, Sasuke got off the stage. "I also know Rarity can't create a one look fits all, so I'm not going to bother. Just worry about Naruto, I'll come by for something if I'm ever asked out."

"Are you sure, darling? I'm positive I could make something." Asked Rarity, to which Sasuke shook his head.

"It's fine. Just work on Naruto. However, if I may, I'd like you to follow these instructions on the design." Sasuke then whispered some things into Rarity's ear. Nodding, Rarity began working on Naruto's suit.

"Now, I know how much you like orange darling, so I've come up with something I know you'll like." With that, Rarity got to work. For two hours the only sounds were the snipping of shears, the flapping of fabric, and Rarity's humming. With one last stitch, the suit was complete. With Sasuke's advice, Rarity had created a kimono. The main colouring was an intense marigold orange, with obsidian black used as the accent and trim colours. The arms of the overcoat had been made in such a way that the undersides looked like spines were jutting out. The top of the sleeves also extended past Naruto's hands making his arms look longer than they were. The overcoat also extended at the backside, ending in a point four inches off the floor. A large black sash wrapped around Naruto's waist, and his pants were mostly black with smatterings of orange. The inner shirt was reversed, with orange predominant and light touches of black.

"Oh darling, it's perfect. So this is what the suits of your world look like? I must say Sasuke knows his way around an outfit." Rarity gushed, her eyes sparkling in awe.

"I don't know. Kimonos don't usually have these." Replied Naruto, gesturing to the 'spines' on the underside of the sleeves. "Or this." He added, gesturing to the 'tail' of the overcoat.

"Oh those are for the theme of your suit darling. You and Fluttershy are going to look absolutely radiant together." After paying Rarity for the kimono, the trio headed back to the library to prep Naruto for is upcoming date.


"Oh my goodness, oh my goodness, oh my goodness. I can't do this, I just can't." muttered a terrified Fluttershy as she paced around the room. She was currently wearing the dress for her date, and had a wildflower ready to give to Naruto, but the poor mare just couldn't find the courage to walk out the door. Having enough of Fluttershy's nonsense, Angel hopped up in front of the distraught mare, his arms folded, and his glare piercing. Having got the pegasus' attention, he pointed a paw at the door.

"Oh no, I can't go out Angel. Ponies will talk, and they'll laugh. I just can't do it." Fluttershy responded, and curled up on the floor. Angel did all he could to shift the pegasus, but Fluttershy wasn't budging an inch, Slapping a paw to his face, the rabbit hopped out of the room, and into the kitchen. The sound of the back door opening and closing reverberated through the household, and Angel was soon in front of Fluttershy again, a look upon his face that clkearly said, 'I didn't want to do this'.

"Angel bunny, what are you doing?" Fluttershy asked upon seeing her rabbit. In response, he pointed a paw over her shoulder. Tilting her head in confusion, she looked behind her, and suddenly her eyes glazed over and her face became blank. Her teal eyes slowly changed to blood red, three tomoe marks shot out of her pupils and began to slowly orbit them.

"You will go out with Naruto." Sasuke commanded, his Sharingan glowing.

"I will go out with Naruto." Was Fluttershy's monotonous response.

"You will not let your fear inhibit you."

"I will not let my fear inhibit me." Fluttershy echoed.

"You will be as confident as you can be."

"I will be as confident as I can be." She repeated.

"You will not remember this little talk."

"I will not remember this little talk." With that, Sasuke cancelled his hypnosis technique on Fluttershy, the marks reflected in her eyes spun crazily as they withdrew into her pupils and red returned to being teal. Blinking, Fluttershy shook her head a bit to clear the sudden fogginess, and saw Sasuke standing in front of her.

"Oh, Sasuke, what are you doing here?" She asked.

"Twilight sent me over to see if you were coming. Aren't you running a bit late?" He asked. The pegasus looked at the clock on the wall, and gasped when it showed the time to be six fifty.

"Oh my goodness, I'm going to be late!" With that, Fluttershy shot out the door towards the library. Sasuke however, noticed that she forgot something. Grabbing the object, he strode over to the door and leaned out of the top half.

"Fluttershy, flower." He called out, and in an instant Fluttershy was in front of him. Taking the flower from Sasuke with a thank you, she once again shot down the road, her wings buzzing furiously to give her the speed she needed.


Naruto was nervous. He had never done anything like this before and he was scared he'd screw things up, big time.

"Naruto relax, you'll do fine." Said Twilight, hoping to reassure the blonde.

"I can't help it. What if I screw up, she'll hate me." He answered, causing Twilight to shake her head.

"Honestly, you're acting just like I did when faced with my first test from the princess. Fluttershy will not hate you Naruto, I don't think it's even possible for her to hate anything." Just then, there was a knock at the door. "That's her, show time Naruto." Horn alight, the library door swung open, revealing a slightly panting Fluttershy behind it. The gown she wore was an intense cerulean blue accented with rich dusty rose elliptical spots, Her wings were in sleeves made to look like a butterfly's wings, and the whole thing was trimmed with ivory white.

"Oh goodness, I'm not late am I?" The pegasus asked in a worried tone.

"Not at all Fluttershy, you're just in time." Nudging Naruto out the door, she waved from the doorway. "You two have fun now." She said, and closed the door. Glancing at each other, Fluttershy broke the silence.

"Here." She said, offering Naruto the wildflower that matched her coat colour. "For you." With a smile, Naruto accepted the flower, tucking it into his sash.

"Well, shall we be off, princess?" He asked. Blushing from the pet name, Fluttershy led Naruto into town. While the sun had set, some ponies were still up and about. Out of the corner of her eyes she could see ponies glance at her and whisper, though every time she felt like running or hiding, the urge was suddenly replaced with the confidence to keep taking one more step forward. Soon the two had reached the restaurant that was their destination. A few minutes later the two were seated and had ordered. Once their food and drink had come, the two began eating and telling stories, well, Naruto told stories.

"So, we rush him with a frontal assault, and just he prepared to counter, I go and start spoiling the ending to the new book I gave him. Slapped his hands over his ears and shut his eyes tight, and boom, we got the bells off of him." Fluttershy giggled at that, but her mirth was cut short when she noticed Naruto's despondent look.

"Naruto, are you alright?" She asked.

"It's just, I miss him, you know? Kakashi sensei was, well, I don't know exactly where I'd place him in it, but he was like family to me." A sorrowful sigh escaped his lips. "And it isn't just him. Granny Tsunade, the pervy sage, Neji. So many were killed in that war, and I couldn't do anything to save them." Fluttershy saw a tear trickle down the blonde's cheek, and her heart went out to him. leaning over, she dabbed the tear away with a napkin, causing Naruto to slightly flinch in surprise.

"I'm sure, seeing you now, they'd be very proud of you." She said.

"Why's that?"

"Because even after all you endured, you didn't let it change you." Naruto smiled at the pegasus' words.

"Thanks Flutters, that means a lot to me." The rest of the meal was finished in silence, and soon the two were heading back home. It was then that Naruto remembered something.

"Fluttershy." He said, getting the mare's attention. "There's something I need to tell you." Confused as to what Naruto was getting at, she spread her wings and hovered in the air so she was face to face with the blonde. "Listen, I don't want you taking this the wrong way, but you know how I am when it comes to these kinds of things. I'm just no good at them. So I'll be blunt here; I'm trying to figure out a way back home." This confused Fluttershy.

"What do you mean? isn't your home..." Then it hit her as to what he meant by home, and tears started brimming her eyes. "W-why? Don't you like it here? D-don't you like u-us?" Naruto felt like utter crap when he saw Fluttershy's despairing expression.

"No no no, Fluttershy, I love it here, and you and the girls are the best friends I've ever had."

"T-then why?" She asked. Naruto heaved a great sigh at this question.

"Because I promised my family I'd become Hokage, and bring peace to my world. If I didn't do everything I could to keep that promise Fluttershy, how could I face them in the afterlife, knowing I had thrown away my promises and dreams. If there's really no way for me to get back, well, I guess we'll be seeing more of each other. But if there is a way, well, I'll promise you right now, if there is a way for me to go back home, I'll find a way to come and go as I choose, dattebayo!" While she didn't like it, Fluttershy always admired Naruto's adamancy to his promises, and his promise of coming back should he find a way to leave lessened the sadness she felt somewhat.

"I understand. As much as I hate the idea of you going away, I know how you are with your promises. Just... just make sure you keep your promise to me as well." Then, with a sudden surge of boldness she didn't know she had, Fluttershy shot her head forward and captured Naruto's lips with her own. their kiss lasted for several seconds, and just as Naruto was about to return it, Fluttershy broke away. Blinking rapidly, the blonde was trying to compute what had just happened.

"Um, not that I'm complaining, but isn't the kiss reserved for after the third date?" Asked Naruto, causing Fluttershy to nervously tap her forehooves together.

"Well, yes, but I wasn't sure if we'd get that far before you... well, you know." She answered, and Naruto nodded in understanding. Pulling her close, he gave the mare a gentle hug.

"I had a wonderful time." He said to her.

"I did too." Fluttershy answered. The two then separated, and Fluttershy prepared to head for home, when she was stopped by Naruto.

"Wait, um, Flutters, after I get back from my exploration mission, do you wanna, go out with me again?" Fluttershy couldn't help the smile forming on her lips.

"I'd like that." she answered, and with that, the two said their goodbyes and headed for home, both with thoughts of the future on their minds, and thoughts of each other in their hearts.

Author's Note:

And there we go readers, chapter done. Post a comment and tell me how I did.