• Published 2nd May 2013
  • 5,607 Views, 672 Comments

The Koprulu Sector - TheKopruluSectorUnion



It's not easy growing up in this sector of space. It's a place ran by fanatics, warlords and corporate empires of all sorts. The CMC are about to enter adulthood in one of the most violent eras of pony history.

  • ...
16
 672
 5,607

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 55: Wolves in Sheep's Clothing

Admiral Hawkens, Director of Dominion Intelligence, let out a frustrated groan as he closed a file folder and tossed it onto his desk, along with the rest of the documents on it. All of them were about the psychic attack that happened on Korhal a few weeks ago.

Despite the investigation being ‘officially’ closed with Karn’s public ‘confession’, he had been personally carrying out an investigation on the case, looking for any clues about what actually caused it. He had his suspicions, but he needed undeniable proof to back them up.

Unfortunately, he didn’t have any luck so far. He sunk into the chair behind his desk and rubbed his temples in an attempt to ease the throbbing in his head. After going through so much information, he needed a break, but he knew that the task at hand was critical for the safety of the Dominion.

After taking a sip from his already cold coffee, he reached for the next folder and was about to read it when the door to his office was suddenly slammed open and a very angry red unicorn stallion stormed inside, almost causing the Admiral to fall off his seat.

“Eye Glass-” The earth pony began in a scolding manner, but was immediately cut off by the enraged stallion, who slammed his hooves onto the desk and yelled threateningly.

“Don't you ‘Eye Glass’ me! Now I'm going to say this as simple as possible. What the fuck?!”

Hawkens winced from the volume of his “guest's” words and once again rubbed his temple, before asking in a weary tone of voice. “So, I take it that you've heard?”

“Heard?!” Eye Glass exclaimed. “The god damn thing is blowing all over the news around half the sector! Is this how you treat those loyal to you? How could you possibly make Karn of all ponies your scapegoat?!”

“Because he wanted me to!” The Admiral yelled back as he got up, slammed his precision gloves on the desk, making the red stallion quiet down at his superior’s own outburst.

“What are you talking about?”

Hawkens slumped his shoulders and sighed as the tension in his body left him, after which he said. “Lock the door and I'll explain.”

Eye Glass reluctantly did as he was instructed and closed the door with his magic. Once the two stallions were sealed in, he turned back to his superior and sternly asked. “Now what do you mean by ‘He wanted me to.’ Talk.”

“Alright.” The brown earth pony began. “I don't know all the details, but from what I found out, I believe the terrorist attack was carried out by a rogue ghost, following instructions from Vice Admiral Sparkle.”

“Twilight Sparkle?” The unicorn questioned, to which the pony sitting across from him nodded. “Then why is Karn being punished for what the ghost and that purple bitch did?!” Eye Glass shouted when his temper got the better of him.

“Because we don’t have any hard evidence to prove it.” Hawkens spoke. “I know that she had a hand in this whole mess, but there’s nothing that links Twilight to the whole event. The only leads we had to the attack were the dead zerg and classified files we found in Karn’s home.”

“But how could you just-” Eye Glass began, but the brown pony stopped him.

“You think I'd be willing to sell out one of my most loyal agents just like that? I offered him a chance to tell me who the true culprit was in exchange for protection...” Hawkens expression turned grim as he dropped down into his chair. “...but he didn’t say anything in his defense.”

The Admiral took a deep breath, after which he looked back at the unicorn and continued. “We both know that Karn would never do anything like this, and you know firsthand that he’s the kind of man that would never let anyone get away with something like that. So why would he ever confess to such a thing and let the real culprit get away no less?”

After giving Hawkens’ words some thought, Eye Glass's eyes widened in realization as he quietly uttered. “Rain Sight...”

“Exactly.” The Admiral confirmed.

“Where is she now?” The red stallion asked worriedly.

The earth pony sifted through the piles of documents on his desk, pulling a specific folder, which he handed over to Eye Glass. The unicorn enveloped the document in his brownish magical aura and opened it up.

Inside was the passenger list from a flight off world a few weeks ago, exactly one day after the terrorist attack. Amongst them, he found one that really surprised him. “Rain Sight High Ground Reneema...Gray Horn?”

“Look at who purchased the tickets on her behalf.” Hawkens instructed.

The red stallion did so and read aloud. “Purchased by...Dominion Intelligence official...”

“I dug around the city archives and found a forged wedding certificate which had a DIO sticking stamp on it. I suppose you can figure out who goes behind that title?”

“Miss Sparkle?” The unicorn asked for confirmation, which he received.

“Bingo. Now look Eye Glass...I am pretty certain that Twilight is plotting to bring me down from my post. Framing one of my best agents as a terrorist has already shaken the confidence that everyone within our organization has for me.”

Eye Glass nodded in agreement, over the weeks since Karn’s farce of a trial, there have been rumors spreading around DI that the Emperor was looking to replace Hawkens with someone else, and he had a good idea who that someone was.

“There are still a few loyal ponies in DI who I can still trust, but they’re off world on an assignment at the moment, leaving just you. That's why I need your help to find out whatever Twilight might have planned and put a stop to it.”

“So, you want me to help you save your hide and keep your position as the boss of this joint, after you basically sentenced my best friend to his death?” The red stallion maliciously asked, narrowing his eyes at his superior.

“No. I'm trying to protect the citizens of the Dominion.” The earth pony spoke. “I'm sure you want the same, and I know that you are smart enough to realize that if Vice Admiral Sparkle becomes DI’s new Director, she will most certainly make things a living hell.”

The tension between the stallions grew as they eyed each other, looking for any sign of deception in the other. However, time passed before Eye Glass calmly backed away from the desk and asked. “What's my part in this crusade of ours, boss?”

Nodding in approval, Hawkens instructed him. “I need you to go to Cadia and locate Rain Sight. Get her to tell you everything she knows about Twilight and the incident that happened here on Korhal, and most importantly - watch over her. You'll also be serving as my link to her, so I can instruct you both if something happens here.”

“And how am I getting from Korhal all the way to Cadia in time to catch up to her?” The red unicorn asked.

“As of right now the Station Inspection crew has a plus one for its monthly check up on the Cadian stations. I hope you've got some experience in handling power armor.” TheAdmiral said.

“Guess I'll have to get that experience as I go. Anything else I should know?”

Hawkens' expression darkened as he spoke. “Don't trust anyone from the DI and don't tell anyone about this meeting. I’ll try to make contact with these other agents and tell them to help you on your mission.”

“And how am I supposed to tell if they’re on our side or not?”

“You’ll each be given a passphrase, so that you can identify each other.” Hawkens said as he scribbled down the phrase on a scrap of paper which he handed over to Eye Glass, who raised a brow at the phrase before he nodded.

“Understood, sir.”

“Good. Contact me when you find her. That will be all, dismissed.” Hawkens finished, after which the red pony nodded and walked out of the room, leaving the Admiral alone to his tedious task. He downed the rest of his coffee, reached for the next folder.


“So after I came to the orbital platform as part of the Inspection crew, I tried looking for you as soon as I could, but those Cadians had their eyes on me like a hawk. I couldn’t do a thing on the platforms with so many guards around. Fortunately, I was able slip away after the assault and came down to the planet. I thought I could look for Karn's body before I started looking for you. There was no way I was going to let some zerg eat my best friend!” the Eye Glass declared before he looked at the purple mare sitting across from him.

“Though I didn’t expect to run into you out there doing the same thing…which isn’t that surprising now that I think about it.” Eye Glass said as he reclined back into his seat in the living room of the Royal Suite Rain Sight and her friends were staying in.

After their close encounter with the ursalisks, Rain Sight invited Eye Glass to join them back at their suite at the Golden Icicle so they could talk in a safe and thankfully, warm environment. However, his reception from the others weren’t as warm when he told them that he was an agent from Dominion Intelligence.

“And what was that phrase your boss gave you?” Rainbow abruptly asked as she leaned against the wall at the far end of the room.

Eye Glass narrowed his eyes at her as he replied. “That’s on a need to know basis, and you don’t need to know.” The rainbow-maned mare let out a disgruntled snort before she sat down with the others. He turned to Rain Sight and raised an eyebrow curiously.

“Sorry about that. She doesn’t trust anyone from DI after what Twilight did to us.” Rain Sight explained. Rainbow just kept glaring at the stallion which he ignored.

“Guess that makes you the sole exception huh?” he chuckled when he saw the flustered look on her face, “Anyways, I see a lot of mares here but not a single stallion, where is he anyways?” he asked as he looked around the suite for anyone else besides the mares sitting in the living room with him.

Rain Sight blinked at the question and asked, “He? He who?”

“Your husband of course! I want to see the lucky bastard who popped the question to you.” He said with a laugh, but his smile vanished when he saw everyone in the room had suddenly become depressed for some reason, “Hey, what’s wrong?” He inquired curiously.

“Sovereign, my husband, he’s…he’s dead.” She said.

“What?” Eye Glass asked as his jaws dropped in shock, “What happened to him?”

Rain Sight rubbed her shoulders uncomfortably before she said, “I think it’d be better if we told you everything so you can understand what happened…” she looked at the three young mares in the room with them, “…if that’s alright with you guys of course.”

“I don’t see why not.” Apple Bloom replied. Sweetie Belle answered with a nod while Scootaloo just gave her a nonchalant shrug.

Eye Glass leaned forward and rested his chin on his foreleg as he listened to Rain Sight as she told him what had really happened back on Korhal. He growled when he heard about the role Twilight had played in the psychic attack on Korhal, confirming Hawkens’ suspicions.

The unicorn stallion leaned a little closer when Rain told him about the faked marriage Twilight cooked up, explaining the marriage certificate Hawkens had dug up. He then looked at Sweetie Belle, Sovereign's apparent lover, warily when Rain talked about the fight she had with her in her home, followed by their truce and subsequent escape to Cadia.

Rain Sight then told him a brief summary of what happened during their stay on Cadia skipping several parts which they claimed to be too sad and painful to bring up so soon. He guessed that it had something to do with the deceased Sovereign and pressed no further and listened on as Rain Sight continued her side of the story.

His eyes widened in disbelief when she told him about her encounter with the mercenaries and the Devastator Suits they were operating as well as the mechanized monstrosity that Twilight set on them after they had lost their friends, Rain’s husband included. She stopped at how they were currently at Twilight’s mercy while the lockdown was still in effect.

By the end of her story, the sun was already setting in the horizon. Eye Glass leaned back into his seat as he contemplated over the information he had just been given, a lot of which implicated Twilight as the mastermind behind the psychic attack on Korhal and was possibly involved in the assault on Cadia, but the circumstances behind them sounded like some contrived plotline from a bad movie.

And to top the proverbial cake off, the mares in the room with him were all technically criminals and enemies of the Dominion, two escaped Reapers, the rogue Ghost who caused the psychic attack on Korhal, a hacker that single handedly penetrated the Dominion’s formerly impregnable Battlenet and the hardest of all for him to accept, a deserter from DI.

The whole absurdity of the situation was giving him a massive migraine as he held a hoof to his head to ease the throbbing ache. He was getting too old for this kind of shit. Things were much simpler back when all he and Karn had to do was keep the peace and catch the occasional Dark Templar back on Korhal.

He opened his eyes and looked over to Sweetie Belle, the very ghost responsible for the psychic attack back on Korhal and part of the reason why his best friend had to die. He had every right to be angry at the mare, and yet he couldn’t bring himself to hate her, not after he learned the circumstances that caused all that chaos, but he wanted to know one thing.

The unicorn stallion let out a weary sigh before he asked, “Miss Belle?”

Sweetie Belle jumped a little when she heard him call her name, “Y-Yes?” she asked timidly in return. After the retelling of their actions on Korhal, old memories of the time she spent with Sovereign had resurfaced and had left her saddened that she would never see him again.

“Can I ask you a question?” he saw the mare nodding in consent, “Do you regret it?”

“Regret what, Mr Eye Glass?” she asked as she tilted her head curiously to the side.

“Do you regret killing all those ponies back on Korhal?” He frowned when the unicorn mare didn’t answer him and turned away, “I’m going to ask again Miss Belle, do you regret killing all those innocent ponies?”

Again, Sweetie refused to answer his question, which made the unicorn stallion lose his patience.

“Just answer the damn question! I need to know!” he shouted, startling everyone else in the room.

“Hey! You can’t talk to my friend like that!” Scootaloo yelled in Sweetie’s defense and was about to start a fight when Rain Sight raised a hoof. The orange pegasus snorted in the same manner Rainbow did and sat back down.

The purple mare then turned back to Eye Glass, “You already know as well as I do that I was also part of the reason that attack happened in the first place. Twilight played us, simple as that.”

Eye Glass stared at Rain Sight for several seconds before Sweetie Belle spoke up, “I do…” everyone turned their attention to her as continued, “…I know Twilight tricked us into it. But I was the one who did it, I murdered all those ponies…and their blood is on my hooves. I regret it every single day.” she sniffed a little as Scootaloo and Apple Bloom comforted her.

“Does that satisfy your question now?” Rainbow sneered distrustfully at him.

The stallion looked at the regretful look in the sad mare’s eyes and nodded before he settled back into his seat to contemplate her answer, but was interrupted by Apple Bloom.

“So…are you going to arrest us?” the earth pony asked, somewhat hesitantly. Her friends, except for Rain Sight, suddenly became apprehensive around the stallion, who just stared blankly at the bandaged mare.

“Well, all of you technically did commit serious crimes against the Dominion...” this made the others tense up as they slowly backed away from the stallion. They didn’t know what he was capable of, all they knew about him was that he’s from DI and that was enough to put them on guard. For all they know, a team of Dominion Spec Ops could be on their way to arrest them right now.

“…though I don’t actually have the authority or the orders to arrest you. I was sent here to find out what’s Twilight up to and to watch over Rain, remember?” he said before he started chuckling at the blank looks on their faces. “Though, you have to admit, I really had you going for a minute there, didn’t I?”

“Really Eye Glass? Really!?” Rain Sight shouted as she scolded the older stallion as one would a foal, “You and your stupid jokes! Ugh!” she huffed before she stormed off to her room and slammed the door shut, leaving the still chuckling Eye Glass alone with the others.

“She never could take a joke.” Eye Glass stated before he saw that the mares were still giving him strange looks. “Yeesh, tough crowd…look, Miss Belle, about my outburst earlier… I’m really sorry about that. I just wanted to know if I could trust Rain Sight to you and your friends or not.”

“Trust Rain…to us?” Sweetie echoed his words, “What do you mean?”

Eye Glass sighed as his expression became more serious and sober, “Look, I’m not going to sugarcoat this. Even if I can pin everything on Twilight, you and Rain were technically still part of her plans, and the Dominion will demand that everyone involved be brought to justice.”

“So you are going to arrest us after all, aren’t you?” Rainbow said accusingly, but the stallion shook his head.

“No… I would never turn the daughter of my best friend in like that, let alone you, her friends. What I’m saying is this, when Twilight finally gets what’s coming to her, you can be sure that she’ll drag as many ponies down with her as possible. I want you all to take Rain and get as far away from the Dominion before that happens.”

“But wouldn’t that mean that you’ll be breaking the law by helping us escape?” Apple Bloom said. “And if they found out…”

Eye Glass nodded grimly in confirmation, “I know they’ll find out, and when they do, they won’t be sending me to the resoc tanks. No, they’d probably just execute me on spot.”

“Why?” Apple Bloom asked.

The stallion chuckled and ran a hoof through his graying mane, “I don’t know if you noticed, but I’m getting a little too old to be of any use as a soldier anymore.”

“I wouldn’t say that…” Rainbow spoke up, a little more respectfully than before “…you were a pretty good shot with that rifle of yours back there.”

“Yeah! It was amazing how you shot that thing down in the head while it was charging at me! You gotta teach me how to do that!” Scootaloo blurted out excitedly before reining in her outburst as she let out a sheepish laugh.

“Years of practice little lady, years of practice…” Eye Glass answered with in fake southern drawl as he chuckled to himself. Apple Bloom scrunched her face at the accent but let the matter slide.

“So…what now?” Sweetie Belle asked, now more relaxed after her trip down memory lane.

The unicorn stallion simply reclined back into his seat and said, “Now? We rest. Tomorrow, we’re going to figure out how we’re going to get all of you off the planet before Twilight decides you’re not useful to her anymore.”


A pair of Cadian milita-ponies in power armor, each armed with a gauss rifle, guarded the hallway leading to Shining Armor's room within the hospital. A squeaking sound down the hallway drew the militia-ponies’ attention as they gripped their weapons tightly.

Moments later, much to the guards’ relief, they saw a unicorn nurse wearing a uniform that looked a size too small, coming around the corner, pushing a cart and heading in their direction. A white sheet covered the cart and on top of it, the guards could see various syringes and other medical tools one would expect to see in a hospital. The nurse herself bore a stoic look on her face.

Just as she was about to pass through, the two guards stood forward and blocked her path, making her stop before she said to them, “Hey! What gives?”

“No unauthorized personnel beyond this point.” One of the stallions cut in.

“Oh for goodness's sake, can't you two shmucks see through those fish-bowl helmets of yours?” she said as she gestured to her uniform. “I'm here under the doctor's orders to examine the Champion’s state of health and to give him his nanites shot.” The nurse explained.

“Really?” The guard mockingly questioned. “And what's with the cart? Tools too heavy for your delicate hooves, or even more delicate magic?”

Groaning and rolling her eyes, the unicorn pulled up part of the sheet covering the cart, showing them a metallic container of some sort underneath it. “This is a nanite tank; direct exposure to the cold from the outside could rupture it, making the nanites unstable.”

“You plan on injecting all of that into the Champion or something?” The other guard asked, gesturing at the tank with his rifle.

”No, scrap for brains.” The mare coldly spoke. “I don't know what the Champion's condition is in, so I need to carry this bloody thing around and after I examine him so I can draw the required amount from it.” She sighed in exasperation when the guards didn’t move aside.

“Look, I just went to three different hospitals, all of which are miles apart by the way, just to get these nanites and I almost got mugged on the way back. So can you just please let me pass?” the unsympathetic guards still refused to budge an inch. “Or do I have to tell your boss that you let the Champion suffer unnecessarily when you didn’t let his nurse give him his painkillers.” she threatened in an innocently sweet voice.

The two stallions looked at each other for a moment before stepping to the side, making way for the nurse, who in turn let out a. “Thank you.” and went past them.


Shining Armor was lying in his bed, staring blankly at the ceiling of his darkened room. His doctor had pulled the curtains down earlier so he could rest, but he was far from being restful at the moment. A number of scenes played in his mind, the attack on his world, the blasted zebra that took Stage from him, and letting Cadence down when she needed him most. His mind was wracked guilt as he tried to cope with everything that had happened.

Suddenly the silence in which he brooded was broken by a knock on the door before it opened up and a purple unicorn mare pushed in a cart, stating. “Time for your check up sir.” Once she was in, the door closed.

”What are you doing here Twilight? It’s barely been a day.” The stallion calmly asked.

”Just wanted to check up on my big brother.” She sweetly replied as she walked over to his side. “Seriously, what's with the gloom and doom? Turn on the lights for Pete’s sake.” She stated, before turning on the light switch with her magic.

“What's with the gloom and doom? I'll tell you what.” He began, slightly sitting up, moving his eyes from the ceiling to his sister. “What the hell was that with-...” He paused, now seeing her attire. “What's with the outfit?” Shining questioned, raising a brow.

“Oh this?” Twilight said as she looked at the uniform. “I needed something more incognito after dad had doubled the guards when the rescue team got him and mom back to the palace.”

Shining Armor sighed in relief when he heard the news; he thought he had lost them when the guards informed him that his father’s shuttle didn’t arrive at the palace on time. That was one less thing to worry about now, though he became concerned when Twilight started putting on the stethoscope.

“What are you doing?” he asked cautiously.

“Oh don’t worry, I've had medical training back at DI. I’m perfectly qualified to examine you and give you your shots.” She said, bearing a sweet smile, as she approached him with the stethoscope. “Sit up.”

Giving it a momentary thought over, the stallion reluctantly did as he was instructed, and let Twilight examine his body. A minute passed before he asked in a dark tone. “Why did Cadence have to be killed?”

“Really?” His sister questioned, with slight surprise, “I thought we went through this already. She bossed you around like her personal slave and you still care for her?”

Shining grimaced and growled, after which he said. “I was honor bound to protect her. Do you even realize the position you’ve put me in?”

“Let’s see, I’ve put you in the position of leadership over Cadia, not to mention that I personally helped you become the leading candidate for the Imperial throne? A ‘Thank you.’ would be nice. Seriously Shiny, I can't follow your train of thought.” The mare replied, moving the stethoscope to the stallion's back.

“Fine.” He continued in a spiteful tone. “What's the status on Stage?”

“Not sure, unfortunately. The Diamond Dogs' leader isn't being cooperative at the moment. I think they might want to ransom her but I'm not too sure right now."Twilight replied as she put away the stethoscope and brought out a small tablet like device with a needle sticking out of it.

Shining Armor was at the limits of his temper after her statement. “So, you made me dishonor myself, not on one, but on two occasions, whilst allowing some dumb Consortium mercs outsmart you?!” He snarled at her.

That took the mare slightly aback, but she quickly got a hold of herself she calmly responded. “So you'd rather have some god-wanna-be khalai whore ruling Cadia, instead of a true Cadian, and when did you become such a caring husband to a wife you didn't even care about?”

Shining was about to protest before Twilight cut him off. “Don't give me any excuses. We both know that what I just said is true, and let's face it, you stopped being honorable the moment we formed this partnership of ours, so don’t act all high and mighty with me!” She exclaimed, sticking the needle of the device into her brother's shoulder.

“Ow!” He exclaimed to the sudden pain, to which Twilight just rolled her eyes.

“Oh don't be such a baby. And you said I was the one that went soft.” she teased as she pulled the needle back out and looked at the device as it analyzed the stallion's blood sample.

“In any case...” Shining continued. “…was there anything particular you wanted to visit me for?”

Looking at the data presented on the small screen, Twilight sighed and went to the cart, and said to him in an uncharacteristically timid voice, “You know I am your sister, and believe it or not, I care about you...considering that...” She turned around to face him, a saddened look coloring her face. “...you're the only actual family that still cares about me.”

As his eyes met hers, most of his built up anger vanished. Closing his eyes and sighing, the stallion reached forward with his hoof, and said in a gentle voice, “Come here, Twiley.”

In a couple of heartbeats, the mare was at her brother's side and in his embrace. Shining Armor sighed as he rested his chin gently atop her head, and soon felt his chest becoming wet with her tears. A few moments passed, before Twilight broke away from her brother and wiped her tears away.

After she had regained her composure, she cleared her throat and said, “Alright mister, time to give you your shots.” She then levitated one of the larger syringes from the cart.

Gazing at it, the white unicorn questioned. “Do you have to use such a big one?”

“What's the matter? Is the almighty Champion of Cadia scared of a little ol’ needle?” The mare said teasingly as she pulled up the cloth covering the lower part of the cart.

Shining Armor's eyes widened when he saw the body of a mare next to the metallic container. “What's the meaning of this?” He immediately questioned.

“Hmm? Oh her?” The purple unicorn said as she carefully filled the syringe with the proper amount of nanites. “Well, you see, there were no uniforms left in the locker room. Hers...” She gestured at the dead mare. “...was the only one available, but she wouldn't surrender it willingly.” After which she dropped the white sheet back over the side, covering the corpse.

The stallion closed his eyes, took a deep breath, and slowly let it out as he tried to control his outrage. When he had calmed down, he felt a prick on his shoulder, opened his eyes, and saw his sister was injecting the nanites into his body. “So...” He calmly spoke. “…what do we do now? Wait for everything to fall into place?”

“Not quite.” The mare cut in, earning herself a puzzled look from her brother. “You're right, I did have another reason for coming here. There's something I need you to do.” She said, pulling out a small holo recorder from her pocket.


Minutes later, Twilight exited the room, pushing the cart. After she passed the two guards out in the hallway and turned the corner, she faintly heard them say, “Hey, have you ever seen this nurse before?” One asked.

“Nah. There's no way I would forget a plot like that.” The other replied.

“True.” The first one agreed, before finishing.

“Dat flank.” A sly smile crept onto her face when she heard that. Maybe she should consider adding roleplay to her seduction routines next time.

She soon pushed the cart all the way to the hospital’s rooftops, where a cloaked Spike awaited her. The shuttle lowered its ramps as Twilight walked inside, the cart in tow. Once aboard, Twilight rested herself in the pilot's seat and instructed. “Spike, take us up to the orbital station.”

“Roger that Twilight.” The AI responded, before starting up the ship's engines and taking off.

When they were broke through the planet’s atmosphere, the purple mare levitated out a phone, dialed in a number and pressed the device to her ear. It wasn’t long before someone answered the call as she heard Pinkie’s voice on the other end. “What do you want now Twilight?” the mare grumbled, obviously still sore about her being shot by Spike's gauss cannon.

“Hi Pinkie. I'm calling to give you your next assignment.” Twilight said cheerfully.

“Ya don't say.” the Prophet responded in an annoyed tone.

“Yes, yes, now listen carefully.” The purple mare began. “Since you made such a big mess of the plan, I had to call in on a favor from our friend on Char to fix your mess.”

“Hey! You didn't tell me he was a dark templar! You can't blame me for hurting him a little.” the Prophet argued.

“A little? You tore him in half!” Twilight argued in return, “You know what, nevermind that, I need you to go there and pick something up for me. After that, take it straight to the Castanar system. That means no detours, no pit stops and no parties, got it?”

“What! Ugh...Fine...” the Prophet whined.

“And please, do give the good doctor a heads up before you get there. I'm really sick of having arguments regarding your surprise visits with him.”

“Okie. Dokie. Lokie....Oh, one more thing Twilight...”

”What is it Pinkie?”

“Don't call me Pinkie!” she shouted before slamming the phone, cutting the call short.

After recovering from the ringing in her ears, Twilight sighed in exasperation before she put her own phone away. “What's wrong Twilight?” Spike asked in mild concern.

“Nothing Spike. Just Pinkie being Pinkie.” The unicorn spoke. “I have to call a friend, do you mind taking out the trash for me?”

“Sure...what are friends for?” The AI returned sarcastically, though Twilight ignored the sarcasm.

As the shuttle left orbit, a hidden panel opened up at the back, and the cart and everything on it, including the dead nurse was sucked out into the vacuum but was caught in the planet’s gravity as it began to fall back towards it. The heat from the atmospheric reentry burned everything up, turning it into ash which mingled with the snow as it fell down on the cold world below.

Author's Note:

Thanks again to Kriss for editing and Gapeagle for proofreading.

PreviousChapters Next