• Published 2nd May 2013
  • 5,607 Views, 672 Comments

The Koprulu Sector - TheKopruluSectorUnion



It's not easy growing up in this sector of space. It's a place ran by fanatics, warlords and corporate empires of all sorts. The CMC are about to enter adulthood in one of the most violent eras of pony history.

  • ...
16
 672
 5,607

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 5: Farewells

“So that’s how it has to be?” asked Scootaloo.

“I’m afraid so” replied Apple Bloom. “I have to give up Sweetie Belle's name in exchange for your freedom.”

Apple Bloom waited for Scootaloos decision. She was worried that out of blind loyalty she might do something irrational.

Finally Scootaloo spoke. “I… don’t feel comfortable asking this of Sweetie Belle. She’s already done so much for us both. Don’t you thinking dragging her name down would be too much?”

Apple Bloom was disappointed, but she knew this would be Scootaloo's response. “Scoots, I’m going to respect whatever decision you make, but I want you to hear me out first.” Scootaloo simply nodded in acknowledgement. “If Sweetie Belle were alive right now-”

Scootaloo interrupted with, “She is only dead because of-”

Apple Bloom however didn't let her finish that sentence. “We had this conversation. You said so yourself, we both made mistakes. We can’t change that, so let’s focus on the now. Sweetie Belle is the one who gave her life, so I think she should be the one who decides,” suggested Apple Bloom.

Scootaloo was a bit confused by her proposal. “How exactly do we ask her when she is no longer here to make that decision?”

“You’re right she isn’t. But you and I knew her better than anyone else. I want you to think really hard right now. If this were Sweetie Belle's choice, if she could talk to us right now and tell us what she would want us to do, what do you think she would say? What do you know she would say?”

Scootaloo's head bent down as she frowned at the floor thinking on the question she already knew the answer too. “She wouldn’t want me to do this.”

“Exactly. I know for a fact you wouldn’t want your friends throwing their lives away for your memory, and I wouldn’t either. None of us would. But Sweetie Belle was the one who ultimately made the choice for us when she saved our lives. I think we should respect her decision.”

Scootaloo still wore a frown, but knew her friend had a point. “I guess it’s just a stupid report anyway. You and I will both know the truth. I just wish she were still entitled to a funeral or a grave stone… something.”

“I’ll talk to my brother and sister about making her our own little memorial for her on the farm. I’m sure they would be more than happy to oblige. We’re not going to forget her Scoots," promised Apple Bloom.

Scootaloo looked up at her friend, and finally let a smile creep in. The two friends embraced in a hug. They would spend the rest of the morning reminiscing about all the good times the three of them had together.

After they enjoyed a lunch, it was decided they would get started on what needed to be done.

“I should head down to the COC Scoots. Meet back at my place so we can discuss the memorial?” suggested Apple Bloom.

“Are you sure you don’t want me to go with you?” asked Scootaloo. Apple Bloom didn’t want her anywhere near that office. She knew how hot headed Scootaloo could be, and didn’t want her to change her mind at the last second. “How about you drop by your mother’s house. She’ll probably be expecting you when she finds out you checked out of the hospital.”

“Good point. I’ll do that instead. I’ll meet you at your place later then.” Having reached an agreement, the two friends parted ways.

A thought came to Scootaloo. Sweetie Belle's family must be just as destroyed by this whole situation as she is. Of course she realized that if she set hoof on their property there was a good chance she’d be shot on sight by the angry parents, but she still felt they deserved an explanation and at least an apology. Above all, a thank you for raising the best friend a mare could ever ask for. She would still meet Apple Bloom at her farm, but only after she took care of business.


Apple Bloom entered the magistrate’s office. Even though she wasn’t proud of what she was about to do, she would be glad to finally get if off her chest. “Apple Bloom, you’re back earlier than I expected. Still, it’s a good thing you’re here, there has been a development.”

“What kind of development?” asked Apple Bloom.

“The kind where providence saw fit to smile upon you and your friends,” informed the magistrate.

“I’m listening,” replied Apple Bloom.

“I forwarded your initial report to DSP (Dominion Space Platform). Though they didn’t take me to seriously when I mentioned the possibility of zerg infestation at the bottom of the mining pit," said the magistrate.

“Why not?” asked Apple Bloom.

“I get reports of zerg hives every time someone sees a zergling skittering about, and it’s always a dead end. The Dominion didn’t seem to want to take action on the word of a frightened mare. Especially one who claims she held her own against the zerg in an SCV,” explained the Magistrate.

“I take it they found out I was right?” asked Apple Bloom.

“Oh very much so.” said the magistrate failing to hold back a smile. It was clear she took delight in seeing the Dominions recklessness blow up in their face, especially after they failed to take her seriously. “It appears the engineer they assigned to remove the data core from the adjutant you found has met an unfortunate demise at the teeth of some hungry zerg. Tragically it’ll be a while before they can get another engineer qualified enough to successfully complete such a delicate operation.”

“You… want me to remove a data core? That’s not an easy task.” replied Apple Bloom.

“I know. But if you could do it, the colony would be very well compensated for your skills.” said the magistrate.

“What kind of compensation?” asked Apple Bloom.

“The mining pit you discovered still had a functional refinery. The Dominion would allow the colony to keep two thirds of any fuel recovered, as well two thirds of all fuel extracted for the next five years. There is also a full pardon in it for you and your friends as well,” answered the magistrate.

The Dominion must really want that data core if they were willing to turn a blind eye to the crusaders mischief; this was good news indeed. While the more important fact was that she would be able to save Sweetie Belle's memory, there was also the fact that a chance to work on an adjutant data core wasn’t something you just passed up. A thought did cross her mind though. “Didn’t the Dominion have that place locked down? How did the engineer get eaten? More importantly, what if I get eaten?”

“There are no actual reports; though rumor has it he was having a lunch break in the mining pit when one of them decided to take a piss down the chasm. Whatever was at the receiving end wasn’t particularly happy about that and made its way up chasm joining in on their lunch break. It took off the head engineers head before security could gun it down.” The magistrate let out a chuckle. “That’s stallions for you. They think they can just go where ever they want.” She continued clearly feeling no sympathy for the Dominion personal. “I trust neither your or your friends are stupid enough to do something like that are you?”

Apple Bloom thought back to when Scootaloo almost threw a rock down the pit. Her mind then filled with a small montage of all the other stupid things they did while trying to earn their cutie marks. “No… not at all. We’d never do anything particularly dangerous or stupid.”

“Like blowing up a barn and stealing relics from a site? Of course not.” she said.

Apple Bloom sighed at the low blow. “When do I leave?”

“Immediately. I’ll inform your family of your whereabouts.”


Scootaloo had just finished apologizing to Sweetie Belle's sister Rarity. The older mare was still heart broken at the loss of her beloved little sister, but she also knew Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle were the closest of friends, knowing each other longer than either of them ever knew Apple Bloom. She was as understanding as one could be in this situation, though still held obvious resentment towards Scootaloo.

Now it was time to attempt to make peace with Sweetie Belle's parents. Scootaloo froze at the front lawn of Sweetie Belle's house. Maybe she should put on some armor before knocking on that door in the event she is met with a bullet to the chest? She took a deep breath and approached the door. It was open for some reason.

She stuck her head inside and found the lights were off. On the ground she found an HFB (High frequency blade). These long daggers were used mainly by Dominion Special Forces, but were occasionally found in the hands of mercenaries, and some members of colonial militia who had some extra cash to burn. The HFB was made from titanium, and the edge was completely serrated. Each serrated tip had a small diamond embedded into it. The edge was actually a diamond saw, which would spin and serve as a tiny chainsaw, cutting through just about any material with ease.

Scootaloo wondered why the Belle's would own something like this. As she bent down to examine it, she was concerned to find small traces of blood on the device. Scootaloo panicked momentarily, then began searching for the Belle's. “Mr. Belle?! Mrs. Belle?!” shouted Scootaloo. She got no response. As she made her way into the kitchen, she discovered Mr. Belle lay dead on the floor, his throat sliced open.

Before Scootaloo could think of anything, she heard a knock on the door, followed by a, “Hello? Is everything alright? Your neighbors reported hearing a scream earlier. Hello?”

Scootaloo didn’t know what to do. It wouldn’t look good if they found her in a room with her dead friends murdered parents. She decided to slowly make her way out the back, but her wing accidentally knocked over a glass.

“Is anyone in there? We’re coming in.” Scootaloo was in a full sprint for the back door. She caught a glimpse of two colonial marines as they shouted, “Stop right there criminal scum!”

Scootaloo didn’t listen; she rushed out the back door and flew to the skies. One of the marines ran after her and first a burst. A bullet glazed her side and she fell back to the ground. Scootaloo looked up to find two marines looking down at her, followed by the butt of rifle.


Apple Bloom couldn’t say she was happy to be back inside the shelter. If she never had to enter this forsaken place again after this day, it would be fine by her. Still, if it helped her friends, and the entirety of the colony, then it was worth it. A couple of hours of work, and she’d be back on the surface.

Dominion marines offered to escort her to the AI control, but she assured them she did not need directions. The Dominion hadn’t really cleaned the place up yet. While all the bodies had been cleared out, there were still many blood stains left. Scraps were left all over the floor, and to her delight, she even found the old logs still lying in the hall way. Seeing this particular part of the hall way had no cameras, she decided to place them into her tool box.

Apple Bloom finally arrived at the AI control and started her work. She couldn’t believe the mess the last crew left behind. When the head engineer was killed, some of the other engineers decided to give it a try. Their work was sloppy to say the least. So many wires out of place and some of them looked like they were simply ripped out. “Did they have children trying to remove this thing?” Apple Bloom said to her self. The adjutant looked down at her, her eyes flashing a multitude of colors. “Adjutant, shut down.”

"Please Identify," it replied.

"What was his name again?" Apple Bloom asked herself. "Adjutant, shut down on the authority of senior engineer David Marko."

Her eye’s turned red and she responded with, “I’m sorry Dave, I am afraid I can't do that.”

Apple Bloom recognized the line. It was from Scootaloo's ancient terran scifi collection, though unable remember which one specifically. This is going to take longer than I thought.


Apple Bloom had been at it for hours. So far all she was able to do was undo the damage caused by the last “engineer” who tinkered around with the adjutant. She decided to take a break and find a place to make a bowel movement. Apple Bloom made her way over to the pit and asked a marine if any of the shelters bathrooms were operational yet.

“Sorry ma’am. Nothing like that set up yet.”

“Then where am I supposed to go?” asked Apple Bloom

“Just go in the pit. There is a giant hole in there, you can’t miss it.” he replied.

Apple Bloom face palmed. Perhaps a glorious day would come when pony kind realizes its own mistakes and learns from them, but this was clearly not that day. Concluding it wasn’t worth arguing about, she made her way back to the surface to find a tree.

As she turned a corner, she was knocked over by a large stallion. “Watch where you’re going!” he yelled. The Stallion was in suit of black armor, much lighter than the heavy suits the marines were wearing. The back of his suit carried a large jet pack. Like the marines, his suit was bi-pedal, and had a set of robotic hands at the end to allow him to operate his weapon. Unlike the marines, his much lighter suit had no protective dome around the head, or apparently any type of head protection.

The soldier simply wore a breath mask of sorts over his snout, and some kind of thick black cloth like mask covering the rest of his head. He carried a smaller variant of the rifle held by the marines, probably due to the suit not providing the necessary strength to carry the full sized variant. The only things protecting his eyes were orange goggles. “Get the hell out of my way!” he yelled at the knocked over Apple Bloom.

“Well excuse you too.” She replied trying to get back up.

The stallion picked her up with his free hand and squeezed her neck. “What did you say to me little girl?!”

Four more soldiers in the same armor entered the pit behind him, not seeming to care that one of their own was about to commit a murder. Fortunately some of the marines in the pit quickly ran over to assist. “Drop the lady!” one of the marines shouted.

The Stallion didn’t comply, and instead only pointed his rifle back at the marines with his free hand. “I’m already serving five life sentences, one more won’t hurt.” The rest of his friends were now pointing their rifles as well.

It seemed as if things were about to turn violent when a sixth soldier entered the room. This one wore the same uniform, though was much shorter than the other five. Instead of carrying a rifle, the soldier wielded a large pistol in each hand.

As the soldier walked by the stallion still squeezing the life out of the helpless Apple Bloom, the short soldier smacked him upside the head with one of her pistols and said, “Put that thing down you idiot. If you want to get yourself arrested, do it on your time.” Judging by the voice, the soldier was a mare. The large stallion released Apple Bloom, then he and the other four followed the mare who appeared to be their leader.

One of the marines ran over to Apple Blooms side and asked if she was still ok.

“What the hell is that guy’s problem?!” she asked.

The marine helped her get to her feet. “Those are reapers ma’am. They’re here to clear out the zerg. They’re good at their jobs, but they ain’t all right inside the head. Try to stay away from them if you can.”

“Thanks for the warning.” she replied. Apple Bloom looked over at the pit to see one reaper after another activate their jetpacks, then jump down into chasm. The large stallion who had her in a strangle hold was the last to jump. He looked back at Apple Bloom, then moved his finger across his neck before jumping.

The marine looked at Apple Bloom then suggested, “Sure you don’t want to use the bathroom? It could be a while before they land at the bottom, and manure falls faster than reapers.”

Apple Chuckled at the suggestion. “I’ll just head up top. I need some air anyway.”

After taking care of business on the surface, Apple Bloom locked herself in the AI control room in order to avoid any further interrupts. It seemed to be the only door the Dominion had bothered to rebuild; apparently they took the security of the adjutants data core very seriously. It was nice that the door was sound proof, as there was still the sound of machines outside the door the last she checked. Apple Bloom didn’t know how long she spent on that thing, but she had finally done it. The data core had been removed. With this device, both of her friend's salvation was now secured. Apple Bloom opened the AI control room's door, only to be met with a metal fist to the face.

Things went dark, and the last sound she heard was, “Thanks kid.”

She didn’t know how long she’d been out, but she awoke to find herself with her hooves bound together. She wasn’t alone; five other stallions were also bound as well. As for the dozen or so marines who were guarding the site, there was no sign of them.

Apple Bloom looked over at one of the other hostages and asked, “What’s going on?”

The stallion was shaking uncontrollably, but managed to respond. “The… the reapers. They ki-killed the guards, threw their bodies down the pit. They took us prisoner and… I just want to go home.” The stallion was visibly crying by now.

“Hey Missy. Glad to see you’re awake.” said a familiar voice. It was the same reaper from before. "You were in that room quite a long time. The other boys were tempted to just blow it open, but I made sure you had the peace and quiet you needed in order to work. You’re welcome by the way.”

Apple Bloom had no idea what was going on, right now she just wanted to get out of here. Perhaps he might be willing to reason? “I don’t know what it is you want, but think about what you’re doing. Crews don’t just go missing you know. People are going to ask questions, think about that before you do anything… brash.”

“Me? Do anything brash? I don’t know what you’re talking about. All I remember is leaving this station just as it exploded.” The prisoners sat silent, confused and above all, terrified. “Oh that’s right, you were killed in the explosion. What happened was, there were a lot more zerg in that pit than we had originally anticipated. The marines and my dear lieutenant were simply overwhelmed when they crawled up that pit. During the chaos of the fire fight, a stray round set off that refinery causing a fire.”

Apple Bloom looked over at the refinery. She could see one of the reapers rigging a device onto the barrels. She was sure it was some kind of explosive. The reaper continued telling his tale. “With the marines dead, the zerg charged through the station, and began mauling and killing everybody.” The reaper revealed a severed zergling claw and approached one of the prisoners. “It was so gruesome, this poor man was stabbed repeatedly in the chest.” The reaper began stabbing the claw into his victim. “And eventually had his guts spilled all over the floor.” He proceeded to do as he said, and eviscerated his victim’s side. He handed the claw over to another reaper who began working on the rest of the prisoners.

“More tragic than the loss of life, was that it was all for nothing. All the artifacts were lost when the station exploded. Isn’t that right boys.” The large stallion looked over to one of the reapers who was holding the data core.

The reaper who was setting the device on the barrels activated his jet pack and flew over to the stallion leading the group. “It’s rigged to blow sergeant,” he said after landing.

Apple Bloom still only counted five of them, the sixth reaper was missing.

The sergeant smiled under this mask, then revealed another claw. “Guess you’re the only looFse end now kid,” he said to Apple Bloom. “Hope you don’t mind if I take my time, I have to make it look convincing when they find your charred corpse. The zerg don’t usually do quick and painless.” He bent down and brought the claw to Apple Blooms side. She was struggling but it did her no good. Tears were now running down her cheeks as she felt the claw slowly imbed it’s self deeper. "Sorry I can't show you a good time first kid, you aren't a bad looker. Let's just say the suit's zipper is broken," he said laughing as Apple Bloom was doing her best not to scream as the blood ran down her side.

Before he could continue his work, a gunshot went off, then another, and then two more. The sergeant dropped the claw and flew for cover. Apple Bloom looked around and noticed the other four reapers lay dead or dying on the ground. The sergeant was taking cover behind some crates when another familiar voice filled the cavern. “You should have known better than to try to cut me out of my own job sergeant.”

“Don’t take it personally Lieutenant. It was just good business,” shouted the Stallion. He came out from behind cover and fired a burst not towards the direction of the voice, but above it causing rocks to fall. Another reaper leaped out from behind some boulders to avoid the rock fall. It was the same mare from before with the two pistols. She fired a burst at the crates turning them to splinters, but not before the stallion leaped out of the way returning fire with another burst. The force of impact from the gauss weapons was meant to punch through steel, so the cavern walls were as nothing.

While the two reapers leaped from cover to cover around the cavern, causing numerous rock slides and damage to equipment, Apple Bloom picked up with zergling claw with her mouth and began cutting her bindings. Once freed, she ran inside the facility to avoid being crushed by falling rocks. Noticing this, the mare followed after her, and the stallion followed after the mare.

Apple Bloom returned to the AI control hoping to close the door behind her, but the mare followed her in before the door could close. Apple Bloom didn’t know what to think about the situation. Judging from earlier exchange of words, this mare was probably no more trust worthy than any of the other reapers.

The mare said nothing. She just pointed a pistol at Apple Bloom, who was once again staring down death. The mare didn’t fire, she simply kept one of her pistols pointed towards her at all times. She holstered her other pistol and pulled out an HFB, then drove it into the wall above the door arch. Using her jets and suits enhanced strength, as well as her own; she pulled herself up and hung upside down from the blades handle. The mares hind legs were pressing against the wall, one of her robotic hands was hanging onto the knife, while the other kept a pistol pointed downward. “Get down,” were the only words she said.

Apple Bloom didn’t argue, and a good thing too. A burst of bullets shot through the steel door as if it were paper. Apple Bloom rolled out of the way as the stream of bullets continued. She was disoriented by the loud noise, her ears were still ringing.

The stallion reaper kicked the door down as if it were nothing and charged into the room. He saw Apple Bloom on the floor with her eyes closed, covering her head and shaking with fear. The stallion smiled as he pointed his weapon to finish off the witness. "Hold still kid," he said as he began to reload his weapon.

Seeing he was vulnerable, the mare dropped down behind. She placed her pistol to the back of his head and attempted to fire. Instead of the sound of a bullet, she only heard the sound of a miss fire as the pistol jammed.

The stallion turned around and slammed his rifle against her, knocking her back and forcing the pistol out of her hand. He attempted to smash his rifle against her face next, but still having her HFB in hand, she activated the diamond saw and drove it into the butt of the rifle. The blade sliced its way up the side eventually slicing the stallions right hand in half.

His suit was damaged, but far from disabled. He shoved the damaged rifle into her to make a gap while he drew a HFB of his own. The mare attempted to draw her other pistol only to have the stallion slice it in half before she could fire, then shoulder slammed her into a wall. With his victims back against the wall, the stallion attempted to drive his blade into her face, but the mare dodged right and kneed him in the gut. The attack did little to hurt the armored opponent, but did drive him back enough for her to attempt to ram her blade in this head. The stallion not only parried the attack, with his HFB still in his left hand, but was also able to drive his damaged right hand into her face. The exposed wires gave her an electric shock stunning her, which caused her to drop her blade as she fell.

She found the stallion on top of her attempting to drive his blade through her chest plate. She grabbed his still working left hand with both of her own and attempted to push him off, but it was no good. The diamond saw slowly made its way towards her chest and began cutting the suit. She was now able to feel the blade cutting her fur beneath the armor. Just as she was sure her life had reached its end, the stallion stopped pushing. He screamed as he fell to his side, and blood trickled out of his armor.

Apple Bloom had picked up the mares HFB with her mouth, and was now driving it into his side. “I hope you don’t mind if I take my time!” she shouted as she pulled the blade out and drove it in again. “I have to make it look convincing!” she yelled as she drove the blade in for a third time. “The zerg don’t do quick and painless!” she said driving it in once more into his side. At this point the blade was stuck, so Apple Bloom released the hilt, her mouth now drenched in the stallion's blood. She felt the barrel of a weapon now being pressed against the back of her head.

“What are you doing?” asked Apple Bloom in a shaky voice. “I just saved your life.”

“Nothing personal kid, but no witnesses. Don’t take it the wrong way, it’s just good business,” she explained.

Apple Bloom had to thinking of something fast. “How... how are you going to explain this though? The cameras-”

“Had their footage stored in the data core, which you so kindly removed for me,” countered the mare.

“But… I… I could help you!” said Apple Bloom.

“But you’ve already been so generous! You removed the data core, you took out my associate so I don’t have to split the money from selling it, then you went quiet before anyone found out what really happened. I'd hate to impose on your further,” said the mare in a disturbingly casual voice. It seems coldblooded murder was common practice for this reaper.

Apple Bloom was in tears again. “I just wanted to help my friend. I don’t care about any of this. I promise I won’t tell anyone!” she yelled as she begged for mercy.

The reaper sighed. “Aww give me a break kid. Why don’t you just hold a puppy and a picture of your parents while we’re at this?”

“I could be a witness!" Argued Apple Bloom. "I wouldn’t even be lying. They killed everyone, not you. You’d be a hero! In fact, you saved my life, and put some criminals to justice! I bet you’d get a promotion!”

The reaper was intrigued by the proposal. “This would take quite a few years off my time but… what guarantee do I have you won’t just sell me out? I’m leaving with that data core one way or another.”

“Uhh… logs. There are logs in my tool box I had originally planned to take. You can take the core, I’ll take the logs. I can’t turn you in if we’re both guilty can I?" Explained Apple Bloom. "Like I said, this will all go over much more easily if you have a witness. You can have me tell them how you stopped a group of traitors and confirm the data core was destroyed, or you can explain to them how you failed to stop some zerg from killing the staff. I think the first one sounds better don’t you? I’ll just say the attack happened before I could remove the data core. No one has to know what really happened!”

Apple Bloom felt the barrel lower itself from her head. She turned around to see the reaper removing what appeared to be a detonator from the stallion's corpse. “When I reach the exit, I’m blowing that refinery. If you make it, you’d better have those logs with you.

The reaper ran to the pit to retrieve the data core, then took off running down the halls for the exit. Apple Bloom had to work quickly. She grabbed the logs, then began taking off towards the exit as fast as she could. It was difficult due to the injury inflicted on her leg with the zerg claw earlier. She had made it about half way out before she heard the first explosion. It wouldn’t be long before the entire refinery went off. The rush of adrenaline made the pain in her leg seem nonexistent. She ran what must have been the fastest she’d run in her life. She finally made her way back to the surface, but she knew to keep running. Only moments later, a large explosion went off under ground. The earth below her lifted and she was sent flying.

Apple Bloom eventually landed and found herself at the feet of the reaper. “Well you made it, and you got the logs like you said you would. Good! Now you’ll have to come with me for your testimony. If anyone asks, the sergeant’s stray bullet started a fire that eventually caused the explosion.” Apple Bloom just nodded her head. The reaper finally removed her mask and detached her jetpack. Her suits robotic hands retracted around her hooves, and the reaper was on all fours again. With her jetpack removed, a pair of wings burst from the back of her armor revealing she was a pegasus. Her fur was a cyan color, with a rainbow colored mane and violet colored eyes.

The reaper smiled at her and said, “You’re Apple Bloom aren’t you? I was told you were going to be the engineer who would be removing the data core. So in case you get any ideas, I know your name, and where you and your family live. Do you understand my meaning?” Apple Bloom again just nodded her head, not daring to upset the pegasus. “Good, come with me. By the way, I’m 1st Lieutenant Dash.”


Scootaloo awoke with her hooves bound. Something was dragging her. As her vision cleared, she looked up to see two Dominion marines dragging her from her shoulders. Scootaloo examined her surroundings. Looking out a window, she could tell it was night. She looked out another window, and saw the planet Mar Sara below.

She was no longer on the colony, but on the DSP instead. She'd always wanted to see what it was like up here, a rather unfortunate twist of fate all things considered. Scootaloo wanted to struggle, but could barely move at all. More than likely, she had been drugged while she was out.

The marines brought her to a room filled with strange tanks. “Ah, a mare. Good, the medical corps could use more numbers,” said a mare in a arch angel power armor. “I’ll set up the medical knowledge program right away.”

Another stallion in a white coat approached the marines. “So what did this little trouble maker do? She looks harmless enough.” he said as he examined her.

“The cute ones always do don’t they doc?” replied one of the marines. “This one raided terran artifacts, got her friend killed, then decided to finish the job by murdering her friends parents. They were both found with their necks cut open when she tried to make a run for it.”

“Tsk tsk. Always a shame to see the youth lose their way,” said the stallion in the lab coat. He bent down and met her face to face. “Don’t worry young lady; we’ll get rid of all those nasty memories. All those violent thoughts and bent up emotions that caused you to do what you did, we’re going to take care of it. We're going to fix you. You’re going to spend the rest of your life helping people from now on. Doesn’t that sound exciting?” Scootaloo head wobbled in what couldn’t be identified as a nod or a head shake. “Don’t worry dear, the drugs will wear off by the time you exit the pod, and your new life as a dominion medic can begin.”

The marines loaded her into some kind of pod, then placed a breath mask over her mouth. The pod's lid closed and then the pod began to fill with water. Scootaloo knew what was about to happen. She was horrified. The stallion in the lab coat went up to the glass and said “Don’t worry young lady, neural resocialization is a painless and harmless process. Just relax, and let the happy thoughts set in,” he said in an assuring tone. Her mother, Sweetie Belle, Apple Bloom, it was all going to be gone. She would rather be dead. She would rather be dead than be forced to forget everything that made her who she was. She began to struggle, but to no avail, the drugs were too powerful. Lights began to activate around her with in the pod. Her head felt strange, and she fell into a dream state.

Scootaloo found herself reliving new happy memories. She saw her self being raised by both her parents instead of just her mother. She had grown up to be a proud Imperial, eager to do her part for the Dominion. She enlisted in the fleet becoming a medic, and learned extensive medical knowledge needed to save lives on the front line. The process went on for hours as she was forced to absorb memories of a new life that was never hers. But it wasn’t so bad. She was happy and at peace. She had a future. She never lost a single friend. Maybe accepting this lie wasn’t so bad after all?

After an untold amount of hours, she awoke still inside the tank. She remembered all of her new memories, but she also recognized they weren’t real. The entire experience felt like a dream more than anything else. She could still tell the lies from the truth. The drugs had worn off and she was able to move again. The water drained from the pod, but the lid didn’t open. She was able to hear the doctors conversing with one another.

“Did it work?” asked the mare in the power armor.

“Afraid not,” replied the stallion. “She still retains her old memories. Her new memories will fade, and in time she’ll just relapse back into her violent habits.”

“So… she’s going to the Ice House?” asked the mare in a concerned tone.

“It would appear that way. A real shame though. It always pains me when I can't give a patient a second chance,” said the stallion
regretfully.

“I’ll make the arrangements,” replied the mare.

The stallion met Scootaloo face to face again from the other side of the tank. “I’m afraid the medical corps isn’t your calling after all young lady.” Scootaloo began smashing her hooves against the pod trying to injure the doctor. “I’m sorry, but you are just too violent for your own good.” The doctor hit a button on the pods panel. Scootaloo felt the breath mask fill with a strange gas, then promptly passed out again.

Author's Note:

KopruluSectorUnion Note: This chapter has been edited thanks to refferee's corrections.

PreviousChapters Next