• Published 29th Apr 2013
  • 2,677 Views, 113 Comments

Bolt - InsignificantGryffindor



The two pegasi knew there could only be one. One who could fly with the best. One who could fulfill their dreams. One who could destroy the other's hope. And when hope is crushed, anger arises.

  • ...
4
 113
 2,677

Preview

The final day began like any other.

The sun rose from behind the stone mountain, its orange rays pouring onto the mountain and the valley below, bathing everything in warm light. It continued on through the land, vanquishing the shadows of the night and bringing forth a new day. The light breached the darkness of a small town, illuminating the dew on each blade of grass. The stillness that accompanied the night was shattered as a low hum of waking ponies began to circulate through the frigid morning air.

The sunlight creeped along the stucco walls of a bland hotel. Without effort, it seeped into the tightly shut curtains of a young mare's room. The beam hit directly in the mare's eye, forcing her into the conscious world. With a quick peak, the mare noticed that the sun was out. She sunk in the fact that is was a new day, and she lay in the dark room, never getting up. She wasn't tired, despite her fitful sleep the night before. She wasn't energetic, either.

With effort, she sat up in bed, glancing around the bland room. The walls were a dainty color of peach, adorned with pictures of meadows specked with yellow and violet flowers. Her sheets were a stiff cloth, and they had entangled her as she writhed in the queen-sized bed. A dresser sat with a television perched on top its wooden surface across the small room. And as the mare untangled herself from the sheets and fell off the bed, she was inches away from the small nightstand the stood adjacent to her own bed.

Sighing softly, she stood up. She stared at nothing, letting day sink in before finally moving once more. A ray of sun reached out of the curtains and gently caressed her cheek. She ignored its persistent rays and instead turned away from the welcoming light. With a quick glance over the room she had been staying at for the weekend, she sighed and turned away, shutting the door.

The hallway outside was just as bland as the room inside. She slowly ventured forth throughout the hotel, ignoring ponies glance over to her retreating figure. She knew their whispers and insults, she didn't need to hear them again.

With a hovering hoof, she stared at the heavy oaken door to the Ponyville streets. She would see the harsh glares and the crude comments. She would hear the constant scolding. She would be responsible if her plan didn't work. If Luna's plan didn't work.

She closed her eyes and thought back to the time she lay in the hospital bed, her friends surrounding her in a hug. She had welcomed them in joyful tears, but now she was wondering why she ever joined the Wonderbolts. Her teammates were once friendly, but with prospect of the newest air show, they had grown bitter towards the brightly colored pegasus. They grew tired of Spitfire's encouraging speeches, and soon her high-spirited talks dwindled into nothing. High Winds had lost her grumpy exterior and became isolated from the rest of the team. Lightning Streak and Fire Streak have lost their witty jokes. Fleetfoot and Wave Chill had stopped even talking to Rainbow Dash.

She hoped it would be worth it.

Rainbow Dash was putting all faith into the Princess of the Night, who had confessed all her past to her. She knew what Luna was doing was right. She would be the the help Luna needed. She would be brave.

The heavy doors of the hotel seemed almost heavier now. The moment she stepped outside the cheap motel, she would have to face more stares, more comments, and perhaps worse. She would have to know that if she failed, she would put everyone in danger. She felt overwhelming pressure crushing her. She didn't feel rush of exhilaration she normally did when charging into the unknown. She felt threatened, she felt exposed. She felt fear stronger than any other emotion she felt before.

She ignored her throbbing heart, pushing back on the pressure building in her eyes, and opened the hefty doors of the lobby.

Her first vision of the outside world was her friends holding up a long, make shift poster in their hooves.

HAPPY FIRST AIR SHOW DASHIE!

Rainbow Dash watched in disbelief as her closest friends cried out as she appeared. A pink bullet struck her, crushing her lungs and nearly asphyxiating her. "We are so happy for you and your first air show!"

Rarity smiled a large, uncomfortable smile. The poster fell out of the light blue aura as she stepped over to greet her friend. "Well, darling considering your last-"

Applejack interrupted her before Rarity could finish, dropping the poster and approaching her friend. "We thought it best to give y'all some encouragement. Ya know, before your first air show."

Pinkie Pie continued to squeeze her, leaving bruises to bloom on her skin as Twilight piped up, leaving the poster with Fluttershy. "Ah, well. I don't really condone... well, but... oh nevermind. Congratulations on your first real air show."

A pale yellow face hovered in the air above the poster. "We're here to show our support!" Fluttershy's soft voice echoed.

She stared at her friends, Pinkie Pie clutching her like Rainbow Dash was the last lifeguard on a sinking boat, Fluttershy desperately trying to hold up the sign her friends had abandoned, Rarity beaming her brightest, Applejack shuffling her hooves and eyes darting about, but still smiling, and Twilight giving her a supportive grin. Then, she broke down.

She heard the sound of paper falling to the ground and soon she was surrounded by more forceful hugs. She let the tears slide down her face, the stress over the last few weeks finally overcoming her. The Shadowbolts will come, and they could destroy everything. "It would be all my fault." she choked out, sobs echoing out into the empty Ponyville street. She tightly entwined herself with her friends as they whispered comforting words. The frigid morning air spiked her lungs as she grasped her friends, desperately trying to hold on. Then, she let go.

---- The final chapter will be published on July 15th ----

Comments ( 12 )

Wait......the FINAL CHAPTER?! NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

NOOOO....TOO CLOSE ;_;

OH WELL; ONWARD HO :pinkiecrazy:

4638113
4636732 UH yeah. Something came up. My dad was in the hospital and my mom and I had to go down and help him. Now I'm back and it'll be up soon! I'd say around the 15th! Sorry again, guys!

4669930 K DEN...


U b back? :pinkiesad2:
YUS :pinkiecrazy:

Well it's way past July 15

4669930 oh no it's fine. Something like that is by far more important. I hope your dad feels better :pinkiesad2:

This was an extremely good story but it doesn't look like it will ever be finished.

This makes me very sad:fluttercry:

where is The "final chapter"
i want the Following
i Don't want the end of this story :raritycry:

Хейя. В следующий раз уточнайте год, потому что работа действительно хорошая, а завершения нет

What happened to the final chapter?:unsuresweetie:

11313152
They've been gone 7 years man... It's over.

11353905
I agreed they have been gone for SSOOOOO LONG!!! Where. Is. The. Final Chapter!!??!?

Login or register to comment