Group Announcement Bar
BeauZoe: The May Contest Thread is HERE. Squee!
BeauZoe: Everyone who's requests for grading went unanswered in the old grading room, We are sorry. Please re-post your requests in the new one.
Tired of getting your hard work trampled on? More dislikes and hate messages than anything else on your latest story? Or are you simply looking for ways to improve your writing? Well, fret no more! If you are a new writer in search of guidance and direction, then this is the group for you.
Writers of every skill level are welcome, but you'll find that our lectures are geared towards those who are just starting out and who wish to improve upon their own technique.
1. Just like in any public school, shenanigans are to be expected... to a certain extent. Please keep the threads clean of trolling comments which do nothing but take up space, and no outright internet fights. Otherwise, feel free to roam and use colorful expressions. We are a fairly relaxed group.
2. We frown upon the concept of trollfics.
3. Stories may only be posted in the Stories folder. This is due to the fact that stories look cluttered and untidy on the front page.
4. All rules not stated here can be found in the Rules, Guidelines, and Rubrics thread. Read them carefully, since they cover everything from thread posting and receiving reviews to contest rules.
5. If you have a question, do not be afraid to ask a Professor or an Admin in a PM or through a comment below.
Important ThreadsRules, Guidelines, and Rubrics ~ Go here for a more in depth look at the inner workings of SFNW, because it makes our job easier if you know the rules.School Directory ~ Our forum contains over 90 different threads. That makes this thread incredibly useful. It will usually get updated within the day.The Grading Room ~ This is where you go if you want your story to be reviewed and given a grade/feedback. It's rules are in the rules thread.Requests for Lectures and Assistance ~ This is were Students can request a lecture. It is also a catch all for the "I need help making my story!" posts.
o( ^-^ )o
If you are in need of an editor/proofreader or two, this group is the place to go. They have an extensive list of proofreaders willing to help with your story, and you get to pick and choose editors to PM based on a whole bunch of relevant information. Make sure to read their policies though.
This group is the principle group to go to when a writer needs an artist, or when an artist needs an outlet. If you'd like your story to have some cover art, you might have some luck asking one of the available artists here if you aren't artistic yourself.
The giving and receiving of story reviews, by authors and for authors, is the primary purpose of this group. A great way to get more favs/likes, go here if you want to promote your story and receive feedback. Be prepared to give a few reviews yourself though.
Would you like your story to have a second chance at the lime light? In this group they ASK you to shamelessly promote your story, by adding it to one of their many folders. They have monthly group contests, and an extensive forum for you to use and peruse.
Created by Wanderer D, one of Fimfiction's admins, this group is focused on... you guessed it. World Building. Its forum is filled with interesting and inspirational material. Go here if you want ideas about the world outside the nation of Equestria, or the niggling details like "magic" or "politics".
o( ^-^ )o