Slice of Life
A cry was heard from the top of Everfree Castle's most towering spires. It was a beautiful day in the land of Equestria; both because of the gorgeous sun and cloudless skies that brightened the landscape, and because of the joy of two parents as they laid their eyes upon their latest creation. It was so small and delicate, but nevertheless it brought copious amounts of joy to their hearts. In the arms of the Queen of Equestria was a tiny filly alicorn, the latest edition to their rare race, and to their family. The entire world had been given the gift of the birth of a second alicorn princess.
The parents had been given the gift of a second daughter.
Luna had been given the gift of life.
Part 1 of the Lullaby to the Moon series, a (planned) three part series involving the childhoods of Celestia and Luna. Told from the third person perspective of Celestia, this story delves into the holes about what the two princess' lives were like when they were mere fillies all the way until they barely reach adulthood.
Sequel found here! (I promise it is written much better)
Now, there are a few things I need to clarify before the story starts:
1. The age of sexual consent in Equestria is fourteen years old. (There will be no clop in this fic. Only suggestive themes.)
2. There is no legal drinking age in Equestria. Ponies can drink hard cider, wine, etc from the time they are born.
3. There is no such thing as the Royal Canterlot Voice. I am going to say that Celestia played a prank on Luna when she returned from the moon.
4. Adulthood in Equestria is considered to be sixteen years old.
5. Alicorns age at the same pace as ponies until they reach twenty five years old. I did this so that the events in the story would be more believable.
Disclosure: The characters Princess Celestia, Princess Luna, Discord, and Queen Chrysalis along with the names of the locations depicted in this story belong to Hasbro and its respected affiliates. In no way to I plan on redistributing or selling this story in the means to make a profit unless I have consent from Hasbro itself. Please do not sue me. I'm in college and need money. :'(
Viewer discretion is advised for scenes of:
1. Alcohol reference
2. Suggestive sexual situations
3. Blood and violence
4. Graphic descriptions