Chess Game of the Gods 1,441 members · 87 stories
Comments ( 41 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 41
Cloud_Surfer
Group Admin

Okay, so here is the new Creature submission thread. I know I said I'd get to it a while ago, but considering everything that goes on in a College Senior's life, I feel I have some slack cut for me.

Anyway, the rules are fairly simple. For any new Creature (i.e. something that is to be a WILD and Non-Intelligent being; so compared to a lion, deer, bear, beaver, etc. Not being able to talk EVER) you are to post it in this thread. For the post I would like you to include at the minimum 10 words describing each:

1) Appearance (size, weight, height, sexual dimorphism included here)
2) Habitat (where they live specifically, not in a vague sense)
3) Population size (if you have a predator, you best be able to explain any large populations)
4) Unique Traits (tigers have stripes, lions have manes, Manticores have scorpion tails and poison. That stuff)
5) Why you want them to be added (I won't take any 'Cause they'd be cool' there needs to be a reason above your personal story reasons. More of an Ecological reason for it)
6) Any other tidbits you think I'd want to here about

In this thread is where I'll question bits and pieces, as everyone will everyone else. It will be the posters' (or someone they deemed capable of taking care of it) responsibility to adjust things or argue them. Other authors are encouraged to comment on creatures too.

My word is final say as to whether it will be allowed though, even if public support plays a factor into it. So let's get this new ball rolling. Hopefully the updated Creatures list from the summer will be ready to post soon too.

General Group Rules apply in this thread.

Comment posted by Komodo23 deleted Nov 19th, 2013
Weeeman
Group Admin

So... What about talking species?

Nemean Lion

Appearance: About a head taller than Princess Celestia. Very muscular, with long fangs similar to that of a saber-tooth tiger. Bristly mane that can cause friction burn by how tough it is. Golden fur that shines brightly in the sun and moonlight.

Habitat: Paladin Woods (A distant island some ways west off the coast of Bullivia, which is five-thousand miles east of the Zebrican Isles.)

Population: One (As far as I know. My character has only faced one.)

Unique Traits: Invincible Hide. Nothing magical nor physical can pierce the hide of this beast, with the only exception being its own claws.

Why You Want Them To Be Added: Visual Aid for some people who are unfamiliar with the concept. Also, I kind of want to solidify the fact that they're a real species in the Chessverse.:twilightblush:

Spiritwisps

Appearance: Often appearing in a form some would recognize as a Will o' the Wisp, they are usually a bright color common to their surroundings.

Habitat: Any truly wild location with magic in the surroundings, and they can often be summoned in the aftermath of a huge magical outburst.

Population: Unknown. It fluctuates, but they are rarely in swarms larger than ten at a time.

Unique Traits:They are all manifestations of a magical force, and tend to carry out what appears to be the will of said magical force as long as it does not bring them in conflict with a greater force. However, they tend to be capricious and may interpret orders in a completely random way.

Why I Want Them to be Added: They're not so much an external force as part of the landscape. In addition, they could be incredibly versatile allies that could be used as assistants to others who could be considered an ally or user of the magical force they manifest.
I have no idea where this came from. It's been sitting around in my head, possibly as an emergency get-the-main-character-out-of-a-bad-situation surprise.

Cloud_Surfer
Group Admin

Haven't decided if I'm going to make that it's own thread or just continue with the PM me a google document quite yet.

Lydian Drakon

1) 700 feet long, weight of roughly four adult Dragons, about as tall as a school bus, Male: Larger and darker scales. Female: slimmer, faster, lighter scales.

2) [The map I use is the most recent one that Fex has made for "unexplored" regions of the planet] Lives near Zero Point, 50 miles south of the Ice spire. Usually underground completely, but can sometimes be found in a cave.

3) extremely small, only 7 are currently known to exist, all of which are male.

4) Scales stronger than adult Dragon scales, caustic saliva that corrodes most materials with ease, paralyzing stare in the sense that it makes you want to crap your pants, immune to most forms of climate and weather.

5) First of all, I'm pretty sure that nobody would live in the frozen wastes anyway, hence the low population. Second, for a very long time, Dragons have been the apex predators on the planet, ravaging pony villages and eating whatever they want. Well, I thought it was high time that the Dragons were eaten for a change. It would make sense if you think about it: The gods would be all like "Dude, these overgrown lizards have been on top for far too long, I think we should add some kind of bigger stronger lizard to kill THEM!" and the other gods were like "Yeah, great idea!" So then the Drakon was born, a horrible creature that can kill Dragons with ease. As well as anything else it's hungry for.

6) This IS an actual Greek mythological creature, but I wouldn't search for it if I were you: most of this stuff is actually made up, although its powers are based heavily off of the actual mythology.

Well, tell me if it'd be okay for me to have a story with this thing in there. Thanks, friend!

Um hello I don't know if this will be accepted or not, please tell me if this character have huge flaws that demanded be change or not.
Name: Ardelio vates Vestibulum (in latin means Meddler bard Loyalty)
1) Appearance: Usual Gnolls are consider Diamond dog size, but he is 4'9 ft which some consider him small, 148 weight, male. Black fur cover his entire body, a blue hooded cloak, dark green shirt, and brown shorts reaching to knees. Eyes color of light purple. Wear glasses.
2) Habitat:They lived within savannahs, warm plains and some forest, however some tend to move wherever they please due to different Clans have different rules.
3) Population size: The size of the population is unknown due to the fact there isn't enough data about Gnolls.
4) Unique Traits: Is different from most Gnolls, rather talk and be diplomatic first then fighting last, tend to have a book whenever given the chance to read, able to use crossbow like of a sniper rifle due to eyes have ability to see far, however reach of sight can only be seen at 800 yards depend if they see the target they desire and keep track of said target. Has ability to make others gather with him without him using skill at all, possibly due to namesake he was given. It is more of a burden to him than a gift.
5) Why you want them to be added: Ardelio is a traveling scholar who wish to help others while have fun on an adventure, however due to his nature to travel he doesn't stay in one area. Is not a huge impact toward the ecology as he always on the move and doesn't bother much.
6) Any other tidbits you think I'd want to here about: His 'game master' is one of the few that didn't give him a bargain or a choice, he more or less just hit him over the head with a frying pan and got him out of there. However his game master isn't 'known' to much and is one of the few rare ones that decided to talk with his 'piece' as much as he is allowed to that is.

Please if anyone see a flaw within this please let me know, the reason I ask is because I do not wish my character to be a gary stu. So please contact me if this shall be allowed or not.

This isn't the correct thread for this post it here

2429214 ah thank you Judoon. I thought this was the correct one. Anyway thanks again:twilightsmile::twilightsheepish:

Are robots allowed?

[TRIGGER WARNING. VERY, VERY LIGHT SPOILER AHEAD but again if you are brony you probably already saw it, so...]
Equestria Daily made me gently notice this particular pic about the last episode:

Those are two of the "monsters" in the cave of fear they cross. New canon monsters! Woooo!
Do someone want to deal with their introduction in the 'verse?

Same episode.... Do you see nothing?

No? Nothing... Scroll down.

.... canon? And except for that, who the heck notices those things?

Jungle wyvern
Wyvern, bipedal, draconian, avian.
Population, 3000.
Habitat: feline jungle.
Unique traits: though a draconian race, the jungle wyvern is known for having an extremely avian look, with a sharp beak, usually feathered wings, and exclusively bipedal stance. It has a ground speed of 35 mph, and is near flightless with how the flight speed is so slow. The long neck though is extremely versatile. The body is covered by a cacophony of shades of green, creating an effective camouflage pattern.
Appearance: long legs, 5 meters tall, four toed feet, scaly body, feathered wings, such as those of a chicken or ostrich, sharp, long beak, long neck, short tail.
Comparable to the modern ostrich/ emu or prehistoric flightless birds of prey.
Population is on decline because of increasingly effective methods of hunting and loss of habitat.
Behavior: extremely aggressive, ambush hunter, predatory carnivore.
Hope this is good.

Rubric Marine
1) Appearance: 9ft tall, clad in blue space marine power armour with yellow as secondary colour and gold as tertiary colour. Has banner of Tzeetnch.

2) Habitat: anywhere but mostly in the planet of the sorcerers in the immaterium the realm of cannot be.

3) Population size: 10,000

4) Unique Traits: got a gun a fully automatic fire bolter that fires .75 mass reactive rounds bound by powers of the warp shreds through armour like a thin piece of thin wet paper. Protected by wall of warp energy.

5) Why you want them to be added: Malal the renegade god of Chaos wants in on this game but in typical fashion he says screw the rules and takes his piece and takes soul and shoves it in the rubric marine's body and put him on Equestria.Had armour warped into the shape of a pony by the GM to have the piece conform to the rules. Malal is pissed.

6) Any other tidbits you think I'd want to hear about: rubric marines are nothing but dust in their suit held together by the power of the warp.

This is a thread for the unintelligent species/animals, not the sapient ones. If this is the species you want to use for a piece, you need to make a "Species chart" following the lines explained in the Rules and Regulations thread (check the forum, one of the first ones, can't miss it) and send it to Cloud Surfer for approval.

Weeeman
Group Admin

I'm sorry, but no. The chessverse already has way too many creatures that look similar to humans, or are on the same level of intelligence as a human. Rubric marines are basically magically animated power armors, but the armors are meant to be worn by humans so they are too human-like.

Having 10.000 of these beings in the Immaterium with access to Equis is a no-no. Let them stay in the W40K universe.

Also, if you want to write about a chesspiece that is a rubric marine you will have to change the armor's appearance to something less human-like.

Comment posted by ShadowsInTheDark deleted May 29th, 2017

Snow Wraiths.

1) Appearance: It looks like a raptor covered in fur but are really small feathers, there males are around 4 feet tall and from nose to the end of there tail 6 feet long. The females can reach around 9 feet tall and 12 feet long.

2) Habitat: They hunt in large groups working together to bring down larger game or to drive away larger predators. They can also be draw to shiny things.

3) Population size: Is around 18 at the most, with one female being the alpha and having 3 males working as her lieutenants, underlings, minions what ever you want to call them. There can be hundreds of them in a single forest, or monition range.

4) Unique Traits: There skins are vary useful for keeping warm in cold aliments. There claws are also looked out for as they can be turned in to useful weapons.

5) Why you want them to be added: I kind of already have them in a story I'm working on and they could be a interesting monster to fight.

6) Any other tidbits you think I'd want to here about: They are mostly found in the south hemisphere, not only that they are found in ever caves or cold aliments. They also are not above attacking and eating ponies, griffins and anyone else really. The only ones you have to watch out for are the alpha female she willing to fight even dragons to keep her pack and nest safe.

Not sure if you're still accepting creatures but here's my suggestion
Simia Arachne (spider monkey)

1)Appearance: Similar to real world spider monkeys except for the fact that they have thumbs, their eyes have two irises, a small pair of arms on their chest and four longer arms along their sides, fangs, and spinnerets in their tails. Their average weight is 24 lb, Their deftly prehensile tails, which may be up to 35 in long, have very flexible, hairless tips where a pair of spinnerets sits at the tip. Upright they stand at just under the height of a pony with their upper and lower arms dragging slightly. Their hair is coarse, ranging in color from ruddy gold to brown and black, or white in a rare number of specimens.

2)Habitat: Spider monkeys live in the upper layers of the rainforest, and forage in the high canopy. Due to their large size, spider monkeys require large tracts of moist evergreen forests, and prefer undisturbed primary rainforest, they are found in tropical forests of Central and South Equis, from southern Equestria to throughout the Great Southern Rainforest.

3)Population: They form loose groups of 15 - 25 individuals. There are less than 200 spider monkeys left in the world due to the fact that some individuals find having one of them is a sign that good luck will follow you.

4)Special Traits: Though they do have fangs that are venomous they're mainly used for crushing of nuts and the shells of large insects of the rain forest but if they must they can release paralytic venom into whatever is threatening them if they cannot escape or scare them off. The spinnerets in the ends of their tails act much like a spiders and are used in everyday life. Their hands are are not completely furless, they have tiny hairs that stop them from getting stuck in their own webs. How their fur keeps from getting stuck has yet to be figured out.

5)The reason I want them added: While I was looking through the wiki I noticed that the Great Southern Rainforest has very few animals living in it besides the Hydras that attacked Wethoof and I'm sure there are more mentioned in other stories I've yet to read. Anyway it's a rainforest, you think rainforest and the first thing that pops into your head is monkeys... and piranhas... and tigers- uh right. They're main source of food is mostly the larger insects that are know to inhabit jungles as well as leaves, nuts, honey and bark.

6)Any other Tidbits: While they're semi intelligent, smarter than average monkeys, they are not at human level. The intelligence is mostly used in spinning their nests; woven branches, leaves, and silk from the canopy, making insect traps, and sometimes crude tools.
Edit: I guess if I think about it; this is more instinctual than intelligence...

Forest King.

1)Appearance: looks like this guy only green and with out the sword tail.

2)Habitat: It patrols large area of forest/jungle looking for pray and can be found hiding it eggs under a compost mound.

3)Population: Unknown they are so rarely found and any who do may end up being eaten by them.

4)Special Traits: They have the ability to bite though dragon scale. No one is sure if it it's there teeth or the power of it bite, only thing everyone is sure of you don't want to anger it.

5)The reason I want them added: They be an interesting predator to face off agents and give anyone a run for there money.

6)Any other Tidbits: They tend to stay in large forests or jungles. No one is sure if it has to do with food or some other reason that they stay there. Some think the whole forest is there their territory. On the island of endless storms only 5 have been noted, and everyone runs away when there close by. The last time someone try to find out more all they found was there wing.

This fish it called a Goliath tigerfish. Not something you want to get bitten by.

Jungle Sabres.

1) Appearance. Males are gray and females are black. stranded around the size of a diamond dog.

2) Habitat they live in the great southern rainforest.

3) Population size no more then a few thousand. Can be tamed but it'd be like dealing with a wild wolves.

4) Unique Traits can see in the dark, and is stealthy. Likes to jump down at it pray.

5) Why you want them to be added. Well I want them added because we don't see many strange creatures. Also I feel like no one is using this page, kind of makes me feel sad. That everyone put a lot of hard work into these.
6) Any other tidbits you think I'd want to hear about. They only hunt in packs of four, and can be found resting in trees. Also like to make there dens under trees. They look after there sick and injured as well.

Hell Yeah!

What about those Giant Leeches from King Kong 2005?

They'd be perfect.

5968773 What about Terror Birds?

Terror birds. The Ostrich Pokemon. Type: ghost/flying

You know, you put Tailon on their wiki page.

5973549 I did? I always thought someone else did that for me?

Let me retrace that. You should put a new page for Tailon on The Chessverse Wiki.

5973594 I'm hoping to make my next story more lore and cannon friendly. :pinkiehappy:

I'm trying to make mine as funny as possible as well as romantic.

1) Appearance. Tasmanian tiger, weight Females: 70 - 250 kg adult, males: 60 - 225 Kg adult. Height 50 - 90 cm adult.

2) Habitat South West of Saddle Arabia on a continent called Shadow Haven. Lives in grasslands hunting large kangaroos with zebra like stripes, stay away from the coast because they do not like the sea water. But they will go to the coast if they need food.

3) Population size is around a few thousand, they often hunt in groups and will work with others to bring down large game.
4) Unique Traits they're marsupials so they look after there young in a pouch.
5) Why you want them to be added, they're one of a few main praetors that keep a lot of the other wildlife from over populating.
6) Any other tidbits you think I'd want to here about, they are sentient and can think for themselves. Even thou they can not speck. They're also used as mounts to travel by the Nightwalkers.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 41