The Lunaverse 2,569 members · 202 stories
Comments ( 25 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 25
RainbowDoubleDash
Group Admin

The items in this list are not canon unless specifically referenced in a season episode.

An Early Reunion, by RainbowDoubleDash Complete!
Webisode. An Awkward Day, by RainbowDoubleDash Complete!
A Day in Canterlot, by RainbowDoubleDash
Elements of Insanity, by Emeral Bookwise Complete!
Webisode. Regrets and Reluctance, by Emeral Bookwise Complete!
Raindrops of Clan Drops, Barbarian Queen, by Fizzy Orange Complete!
The Court Musician of Equestria, by GrassAndClouds2 Complete!
Cheerilee's Date for the Grand Galloping Gala, by Blackbelt Complete!
Treasure City, by GrassAndClouds2 Complete!
Shadowbolts - The Hunt for Twilight Sparkle, by Commando-Scarecrow
Discordian Nights, by Lev the Lurker Complete!
Crisis on Two Equestrias, by RainbowDoubleDash Complete!
Webisode. Countdown to Crisis, by RainbowDoubleDash Compete!
Webisode. Another Life, Another Child, by Talon and Thorn Complete!
Webisode. A Final Crisis of Conscience, by Emeral Bookwise Complete!

RainbowDoubleDash
Group Admin

In other news, the front page is getting kind of crowded, and will become even more so once I open up both Season 2 and Crisis webisode tie-ins to y'all, so I'm creating distinct posts for each list.

vazak
Group Contributor

728740 Couldn't you create an S1/S2 if things are getting too crowded? Sorry if that's a stupid question... hmm S1 ending. i'm gonna have to get back to those two fics I promised :twilightoops: :raritywink:

Emeral Bookwise
Group Admin

Yeah, the main page was definitely getting crowded. This isn't a bad alternative, however, have you considered maybe reorganizing all the fics into folders?

RainbowDoubleDash
Group Admin

That'd be an annoyingly massive undertaking.

(it'd be, like, thirty minutes, max)

Shut up, Inner RDD.

Well, we could all help! I mean, I don't really have a ton of knowledge about how groups work, but I have read comments about "submitting fics into folders". Speaking of, how does putting fics into folders work?

Fizzy Orange
Group Admin

728863 Better do it NOW, than wait until we got a bunch of seasons. At the very least you should start a season 2 folder before we start posting fics for it.

HopeFox
Group Contributor

Folders are a good idea, but I think fics in folders are listed alphabetically, or by publication date, or something like that. We should still have seasonal folders, but we also need to have the list somewhere, so that it can be in episode order.

RainbowDoubleDash
Group Admin

This is just a bump to make sure everyone knows about both the completion of Crisis and the first derivative story for it by Emeral Bookwise.

Hmm. Actually, I think I'll sticky this thread and the fanfiction one. Yay useful admin powers that I don't mind using!

GrassAndClouds2
Group Admin

I think 'Cheerilee's Date' should be marked 'complete.'
Thanks for updating this!

GrassAndClouds2
Group Admin

So... KErland hasn't logged on to the site in over 15 weeks, and it's been more than 14 months since 'Changing gossip' was updated. Maybe move it over to fanfiction section?

Where in the timeline do each of those fics here take place? And what's Crisis?

Emeral Bookwise
Group Admin

Part of what makes these fics semi canon also includes a sort of loose placement in the time line, though broad approximations can often still be inferred. I can't speak the whole list, but here's what I know for certain...

An Early Reunion happens ~980~ years before the start of the first season, excluding the epilogue which is set some time after Boast Busted, but before Foalish Missadventures. Likewise, An Awkward Day also predates the series, but only by ~300~ years.

The events of Elements of Insanity are actually spread over an extended time frame. The first chapter happens some days/weeks after the events of Boast Busted, likely concurrent to one of the two episodes following that fic. Starting with the seventh chapter, events run semi-concurrently to Hero of Oaton. Chapters 2-6 are all staggered somewhere in between, though not necessarily in exact order.

Raindrops of Clan Drops, Barbarian Queen is a dream fic with no solid time frame relevant to any other fic.

The Court Musician of Equestria happens sometime after the events of Symphony of the Moon and Sun.

Cheerilee's Date for the Grand Galloping Gala Occurs sometime after Tales pf Ponyville, where the L6 get tickets to the Gala, but obviously before the events of At the Grand Galloping Galla

Treasure City is not chronologically linked to anything else in the time line, other than taking place before the events of the S2 fic Ice Hearts.

Shadowbolts - The Hunt for Twilight Sparkle is another fic following on the events of Boast Busted and subsequently stretching the extended period until wrapping up at some point prior to the events of Crisis on Two Equestrias

Discordian Nights is an epilogue to the events of At the Grand Galloping Galla

Crisis on Two Equestrias is a crossover between the Lunaverse and Maneverse, it occurs L!S1 & L!S2. Countdown to Crisis acts as a prologue, while A Final Crisis of Conscious is an epilogue.

RainbowDoubleDash
Group Admin

Each one takes place at a different point in time depending on the story. An Early Reunion, for example, takes place 980 years ago. Generally the story itself will make mention of when it takes place. Also, as these are just movies and tie-ins, you don't have to read any of these to understand the main season episodes. If they come up at all in a main season episode, they'll usually be explained there.

Crisis on Two Equestrias was sort of "the" movie for the Lunaverse. It's a crossover adventure with Trixie and Twilight from the Lunaverse, in the main Friendship is Magic universe with the main Trixie and Twilight. The central plot revolves around the four of them accidentally breaking the Element of Magic and creating a monster bent on destroying them unless they figure out a way to repair the Element.

The title's a little misleading since it actually only takes place on one Equestria, but it's a good title, and Crisis: Equestria was already taken.

Comment posted by TheGreatEater deleted Jan 6th, 2014

Awesome thank you for the timeline :twilightsmile: I really appreciate it.

Emeral Bookwise
Group Admin

The title's a little misleading since it actually only takes place on one Equestria, but it's a good title,

Not that I think anything needs to be changed, but Crisis of Two Equestrias would probably be the more accurate title, if anyone actually cared.

Climbing the Mountain still isn't showing up here. Or is it a separate Movie/ Tie-in listing page?

RainbowDoubleDash
Group Admin

It's in the Season 1 Movies/Tie-Ins subfolder.

Ah! I'm used to just using the list here. Is that list other than Castle, up to date? Or is it needing updating? Thank you though for your reply.

Emeral Bookwise
Group Admin

The factual folders are, in theory at least always up to date, since if a story exists it will be categorized somewhere. That's probably why threads like this have fallen out of date, having become obsolete now that Fimfic supports not only multiple re-nameable folders, but unlimited sub-folders as well, all of which can have internal descriptive explanations of what kinds of stories are in each..

At this point, for navigation purposes it's usually better to just use the group story tab.

Ah. I never actually use those since their organization leaves a lot to be desired, and I dislike reading things out of order. So I'm used to looking at the lists to ensure that I'm following things as they are meant to be read. But yeah I could do that here. I guess, although it'd still be more cleaned up and efficient to have the lists imho.

But the Season fics, those are still going be on lists right? To ensure that everything is read in the order it was meant to be read.

Are there any more movies and webisodes that aren't on the list?

Actually this here is the better deal. Especially since there's a post that has all but one fic. Listed on where it stands in continuity. And having them in folders doesn't really show where the fics stand in the timeline as a whole (well that and list version is just more easy and convenient to browse through).

Thanks again for making that list for me. But ... Has there been any other Movie's / Tie In's? We got a lot leading up to Season 2, but the list hasn't been updated since T_T.

And I stand by my List like these are better than just folders. I mean, sure it's great, but lists are great for people like me who have an Obsessive Personality Disorder and can't stand to read things out of chronological order. Or for people who just like the orderliness such lists give things.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 25