Tag-a-long's Book Club 510 members · 1,114 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9
arcum42
Group Admin

We have plenty of librarians and story scouts here in Tag-a-long's Book Club, eager to help!

First, let's meet our staff:
arcum42 (Head Librarian) - I'm arcum42, and I try to keep this crazy bunch of librarians and story scouts together with a minimum of damage to the library.

Elric of Melnipony (Staff Mediator) - I'm Elric, and I'm dead because of that cute filly scout pic.

SweetAI Belle (Filly Troop Leader / Poster of Cute Things / Hunter of Cute Fics) - Every troop of filly story scouts has to have a cute adorable leader.

Celestia's Paladin (Moderator) - I am Celestia's Paladin, and I am not an Aggie no matter what people say... *cough* Hi, I am the Admin and Founder of Protect Celestia, the largest Celestia fangroup on the site, and my main responsibility is to keep many type-As from virtually killing each other.

MissyAngel(Moderator) - I'm MissyAngel, and I fangirl about ships and cartoons more than a twenty year old should. When I actually do write, my stories are mostly Slice of Life and overall very calm, cute and cuddly fics. Though I'm not quite as on much as I used to be, I will jump in anytime should I be called.

From the 'they've given me a number and taken away my name' branch:
Don't Look At My Name Bro(Librarian, Special Assignments) - I'm DLAMNB. I read, edit (occasionally), and I'm a sucker for romance stories. I've been in the game of horsewords for almost two years now, and I've surprisingly learned more about literature and writing during my time here than I ever did in school, and though I've come a long way, I've still got a heck of a lot to learn. The people that I've met and the friends that I've made along the way make the journey even more enjoyable, too.:twilightsmile:

Oh, and if you look at my name, remember this...

Everybody gets one.

Mr. Numbers(Librarian, Special Assignments) - I'm MrNumbers. I have studied the various fic-highlighting systems for years, searching for weaknesses. The culmination of my works managed to get a story about Rarity losing her virginity through the EQD censors, so I know at least enough to know how to break them.

I'm finally ready to join up in a position to fix one, as penance for my past crimes.

Midnight Radio Hotline (Librarian, Brainstorming & Thread Posting) - Hi! I'm Radio. I mostly draw and review. Used to be a writer, so I know what it's like. I tend to like stories that are unique in their premise and execution. Shoot me a PM on Fimfic if you've got a question.

Winter_Solstice(Librarian) - I'm Winter_Solstice: part time writer, full time reader. I like Romance, Adventure, Sad and especially Comedy.

And, of course, there's a bevy of cheerful, bushy-tailed story scouts here, ready and eager to earn their merit badges and find you some cookies stories!

Foal's Errand - Hi! I'm Foals Errand, one of the few authors on this site with two X chromosomes. I adore romance, slice of life, and comedy. Though don't expect just that from my scouting! I'm very eager to start earning badges!

Lambent Dream - I'm Lambent Dream. I read, I'm still learning the art of writing, I blog about that learning experience. Slice of Life, Romance, and Adventure are my favorite genres to explore.

ThatOneWriter - I'm TOW. I sometimes show up to add a few stories to the Library. Contrary to my name, I read far more than I write. I keep a running list of all the stories I've favorited and upvoted (Well, upvoted post-bookshelf addition, anyway). Those total to about 1.5 million words each, and that's not even a full list of stories I've read! I've even had my Read Later list below 50 stories for months now, so yeah. I spend too much time reading horsewords.

bookplayer - bookplayer here, and contrary to what you might have heard, I don't only read and write stories about Applejack. Sometimes there are other characters tagged too. But seriously, I'm a writer, reader, and blogger who leans towards romance and comedy about the mane six, and I do have a preference for apple flavored stories.

Thornwing - Don't let the pointy tail scare you, I'm just a little, old baby kitty...

Seriously, I may be blunt, but I'll always try and help people that honestly want to improve their writing. I've been known to proofread and edit when I find a worthwhile story. I'm partial to Adventure/Comedy/SliceofLife, and I'm not scared of mature ratings. If you really want to catch my eye, though, make sure your spelling and grammar don't pull me out of the enjoyment of your amazing story.

JustAnotherTimeLord - I'm JustAnotherTimeLord, long-time editor for many great stories such as Sunset of Time, Rites of Ascension, and Reach, short-time writer for stories of quite less fame, and standing reviewer for things that pique my interest. I love adventure stories to death (read Austraeoh to get a taste of true adventure). tend to read a plethora of TwiDash stories, and am usually down for just about any other story type as long as it's written well and makes sense. Other than that, I hope I'm known as a cool guy.

SteelResolve - I am Steel Resolve, and I ship.

RK_Striker_JK_5 - I'm RK_Striker_JK_5. I got into ponies in the 1980's. Yes, I'm that old. :p I'm a heavy consumer of Hasbro products, not just of the pony kind. I'll do my best here, even though every time I start up my PC I'm wondering if I've just accidentally created Skynet.

Winston - My name is Winston, and I'm an author who used to write mostly sad stories, currently enjoys writing TwiDash type things, and in the future has no idea what I'll write about next. I'm also a reader who enjoys reading stories about the same things (sad tales and TwiDash), and also more generally stories that use symbolism and imagery to good effect. I love a well-executed and plausibly done shipping (with partiality for the one mentioned above, of course) but detest a random, poorly handled one. I'm looking forward to finding some of the gems that are out there so that I can help other people find them, too.

--arcum42

Celestias Paladin
Group Admin

Celestia's Paladin reporting in

SteelResolve - I'm RK_Striker_JK_5.

Um...

arcum42
Group Admin

Oops, copy and paste error. That was supposed to go one down. I'll fix it, thanks!

--arcum42

quite a team you've assembled.:pinkiehappy:

Glad to see that things got up and running again. This was probably the better of the decisions that ended up getting thrown around. I might as well join and see what this turns into :twilightsmile:

metroid_freak reporting in! Hoping to contribute something to the group, perhaps a story or review.

arcum42
Group Admin

Yeah, so far it feels a lot better than Twilight's Library did. It's got things for everyone to do, and on the whole, is starting to feel like a friendly group. Staff members that want to go off recommendations have two threads they can hunt through, no obligations, staff members who want to toss in the best of the fanfics they've read can do that, anyone can go to the book corner and talk about fanfics they liked, and I've even got a thread going about actual books outside of mlp now. I'm pleased with how it's going.

--arcum42

It's quite the plan. I see this playing out well in the future.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9