The Dusk Guard Saga 122 members · 14 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11
Viking ZX
Group Admin

Hey everyone, welcome to the official Dusk Guard group at la—where's the cool banner!? :pinkiegasp:

Clearly this won't do. All right people, we need some Dusk Guard banners! And I lack talent as an artist of the visual mediums!

So here's what I'm going to do! I'm opening a CONTEST! That's right! A banner event! With prizes for all!

No kidding!

The Task!
Here's what I need: A Dusk Guard banner, 1000 by 250 pixels, to be featured at the top of this page. It can feature anything appropriate (no gore or sex) and related to the Dusk Guard as long as it features something from the series itself (either a scene, a character, equipment, etc) along with either the name "Dusk Guard" or the Emblem of the team (seen on the cover of "Rise" here). It needs to be related to the Dusk Guard, but aside from that, it can be whatever you want? Your OC drinking shock at Jam Roll's restaurant along with Nova and Vinyl? Sure! The Dusk Guard airship lifting off above Canterlot? The sky's the limit! Just as long as it has either the logo or the series name, and something from the series in it!

The Prizes
Now, I'm not looking for ONE winner. I'm looking for a selection. I'll make a whole folder of these on my desktop and rotate through them from time to time. Which means that prizes will be a little different this time around:
Whatever banner I pick to be the first banner to go on display will win a free, digital copy of Promise of Blood by Brian McClellan. An industrial-age epic fantasy set in a world of magic that's quite a bit different from anything you've read before, Promise starts not before, but after the bloody revolution that overthrew the kingdom, and with all the troubles that come when you execute a King. It's a great read, and an excellent prize.

However, that isn't all. It isn't much, but there is a second prize for everyone who puts in a solid entry to this contest. All entrants will, at the conclusion of the contest, receive a one time invitation to look at the unedited portion of the prologue to "Beyond the Borderlands," the sequel to "Rise!" But wait, like an infomercial, there's more! This contest will be open for a while. What all entrants will see is a portion of the prologue. However, if this contest sees more than ten entries, I'll lengthen that portion. If I get more than twenty, they'll all get to see the whole thing!

Contest Dates
I'm actually giving you guys some time with this one. This contest will be open until the end of October! You have until then to get your entries in!

Submissions Go Here
Submit your entries to this thread (you may also send them via PM in addition if you're worried I'll overlook them). Yes, you can have multiple entries if you really want to spend that much time on this. You won't win anything extra, it's just for fun.

I think that about covers it! Good luck! I look forward to seeing some cool stuff!

I've actually been working on and off on this since you mentioned the banner thing on your blog, so... It's ready! I'm looking forward to seeing what else comes down the pipeline. :pinkiehappy:

Is this the only banner that got entered into the contest? Aw man, this group deserves at least more attention then this. I'd enter the contest if I actually had any skill in art.
Nice banner by the way.

Well, the artists have tomorrow to get into gear. Fingers crossed that somebody else posts something. I was really hoping someone would make something with Sky Bolt. I tried to draw her myself, but it did not come out at all. I'm not exactly an artist, either. Just a fan.

Nice banner by the way.

:twilightsheepish: Thank you.

Viking ZX
Group Admin

Yeah, as many people asked for a Dusk Guard group once the idea came up, I was thinking it'd be more active than this. Ah well. In any case, you have won, so fire me a PM with your e-mail and you'll have earned your prize!

C22

If your still accepting fan art, I might be able to blend something up.

Viking ZX
Group Admin

Sure! It'll be nice to have a rotation going!

C22

Just don't hold your breath it will take some time.:ajsleepy: I'll post updates on my blog

This is most defiantly out of the specified time frame, but in my defence, I don't think I was a fan when this contest end. Still, if you're looking for a cool banner with BtB stuff, here you go.

So if you want to use it, you're going to have to save it from the Deviant Art. Sorry, but the insert picture thing isn't cooperating.

Viking ZX
Group Admin

Bout time for a rotation anyway. Nice piece!

Thanks! It was really fun to make (although I did have a bit of a hard time fitting all the characters...you have plenty now and my guess is there will be more before it's over).

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11