Marshmallow Shipping 241 members · 276 stories
Comments ( 17 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 17
Bakmah Genesis
Group Admin

It is here, it is happening, and it may not have many entries, who knows? Anyways, I thought it over and decided to post it up as a way to get the group alive and maybe attract some attention. Below are the rules and requirements.

Requirements:

We have a standard scoring system you should make sure you go by it. You need to make sure you have the following.

-Quality

-Pacing

-Appropiate Content

-Good Grammar (Editors are allowed)

-Characterization

Those are the five areas that we score. Each is ten points, the total scoring is 50. Wether you win or not is based on your overall score. We will let the top three fics know their placing in the end after we score. There are a few things you must keep in mind as well.

Must be PG-13 Rated:
This is not a 'Who can write better marshmallow clop' contest, at least not yet. So keep it Teen.

Maximum of Five chapters
That is all I am giving you, but the chapters have to be DONE when you submit either the story to FiMfiction or to the contest. You can have as many words as you want.

Entries Close on June 13th
You get two months to come up with a fic and enter it into the group. After June 13th the official Scoring begins. I will have the mods score a few as they come in, but we won't score the majority until after the entries close.

Judges/mods must remember to PM me their scoring. Subject has to be the fic name. Make sure you include scoring for individual categories then your final score. Notes would be helpful for the authors since I will send them the scores when the scoring is finished.

The judges are:

Myself.

Auramane

Tomification

Flint Sparks

And zyr1987

Admins can drop out of scoring if they don't want to judge or would like to enter. Judges CANNOT enter, sadly.

That is all. So I will leave you all to your writing.

NOTE:

Enter by submitting the story to the Contest folder and by PMing me, telling me you entered. Also make sure you put in your fics description that it is a contest entry.

Bakmah Genesis
Group Admin

Just go right yo marshmallows

I've had an idea bouncing around in my head for a while...
Challenge accepted.

I'd like some clarification about the scoring system.

You've given five categories under which stories are to be scored, but each category is stated to consist only of 10 out of 100 points, giving a maximum of 50 out of 100, with no indication of where this other 50 points does or does not come from.

Also, the limit on chapters (but not on words) seems really strange and arbitrary. A limit (high or low, or both) on words make perfect sense, but chapters should be dictated by the flow of the story, not some arbitrary limit.

Bakmah Genesis
Group Admin

No, each category is 10 points. The overall score is 100.

Okaaaaaay...

Let me consult my calculator...

Nope, 5 x 10 is still 50, not 100, so your scoring system remains a mystery. I guess I'll sit this one out.

Bakmah Genesis
Group Admin

Oh. Sorry. Fixed that. :twilightsheepish:

Makes more sense now, thanks.

I still think the chapter thing is pretty odd, but I guess I can work with it.

auramane
Group Admin

A chapter limit, while not really giving a sense of length will usually give a sense of pacing. Chapters are great breaks for when a certain section of the story is finished. It's more about how the story is structured than anything else. Also, nobody wants to write 30k chapters, so it is a sort-of length limit in itself

Bakmah Genesis
Group Admin

ONE MONTH REMAINING AND STILL NO ENTRIES

Get going, guys!

Hey,

Just thought I'd let you know that the contest you started will not go to waste. I have a small (3,641 words) FanFic titled The Art of Attraction, that I will enter into this contest. I just hope others submit their stories, it is a shame that this pair doesn't get much love. I've already won one contest with my story A Spark in the Snow, and would love to win a second contest, I just wish i had some competition. I am in the process of finding an editor, and I will submit as soon as I get my story back.

If you wish to see a sneak peak then look here.

Edit: I've just submitted The Art of Attraction, once it is approved I will put it in the contest folder.

Im sorry but that vid is just so molestia :ajbemused::facehoof::pinkiecrazy:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 17