The Pleasant Commentator and Review Group! 1,289 members · 149 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6

Fool's Gold

By: Merc the Jerk

A story where the main six are humans and they must rob a bank. Filled with blood and guns...I like it.

Plot
So in this story the main six are humans, although their names are different to a more...er, regular approach. Like Twilight's name being Twilia, Applejack's name being Jack, and so on. So they are suppose to rob this building, inside contains a vault. This building has many guards, civilians they cannot kill, and a swat team. Without spoiling anything, I'll just say that as far as story goes, this caught my attention.

Mood
The fic felt alive. The premise is dark, though not so much that it'll turn people off. It's about robbing a bank, using strategy and smarts to over come security. It's a smart approach, one that I greatly enjoyed.

The main six are always in character. Other then some questionable dialogue here and there, the overall actions are awesome to read.

This fic had a great premise, and an action packed package that you should pick up.9.8/10

Grammar
Not much to say here. The grammar and spelling were great. Not one single mistake...wait, did I find one?...er, nah, it's all clean.5/5

Style
This had a unique and expansive type of writing. It keeps at a simple pace. There are guns and firefights in this fic, so expect the best, or the worst, depends on what you like. But one thing that was awesome was how smartly the author wrote this. To rob a bank, you need teamwork, mobility and lot's of guns.

They have guns like revolvers, shotguns, P90s, etc. I've played COD in the past, so I know what the author is doing.

For all you kids out there, yes, there is swearing. Not too much, but there is swearing.9.5/10

Rating
Fool's Gold was an awesome, strategy based fic. It had its fun moments, and just by reading the first few paragraphs, I immediately got immersed in the story.

9.7/10

Rinnaul
Group Admin

Sounds like this was inspired by the Payday games.

This might be the only humanized pony story I'll give a try.

Hey, thank you kindly for the glowing review! I appreciate you taking a look at it!

Author here, yeah. It was based on Payday, and is part of a bigger series where we do a different type of homage with every story. Like the sequel to the fic is a big nod to Oceans 11, with side-stories of this 'verse inspired by Taken and Princess Bride, and another a love letter to James Bond movies.

From what a few people have said, this fic is like a gateway drug to good humanized stories. It helps 'em realize they ain't all clopfics taking the lazy way out. I appreciate you giving it a chance, mate.

I generally dislike them specifically because the characters aren't ponies. But the story sounds pretty cool.

Oh yes payday, I forgot about those games.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6