The Pleasant Commentator and Review Group! 1,289 members · 149 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2
Tidal
Group Admin

It's TIDAL time!

No but today I'm reviewing a story that I shouldn't use my corny jokes to. I'll try and minimize those.
It's by author Joyous Apple. (I recently did a review on Joyous' story Finding the Rainbow... here is the review to that one.)
This is one of those sad stories that really can affect some people, seeing that it deals with something people go through everyday. It was pretty sad. No commentary today, the story is a one shot and I don't want to spoil anything. We begin now.

How I Felt

By: Joyous Apple

Pinkie pie writes a letter to someone that she likes and tells this person how she felt. How she really felt. She has been changed, she knows that, she can never be the same, and dealing with it is hard, but, can she continue to deal with it?

Here is the description for the story. Seems Pinkie Pie is in love... but immediately you can tell something is wrong!

FEELS METER
I've had friends in this situation, and they are no longer with us anymore. That feeling... being able to relate to a story... makes it hard not to feel sad. 8 out of 10. Very emotional situation.

MOOD
Well its a letter from Pinkie Pie. So one would expect some confetti flying out and hitting you in the face, or somehow she stuffed a balloon in the envelop. But no. The chapter is called "Goodbye" and that's exactly what it is, a goodbye letter.

The story starts off sad... then it goes to a little happier, you see some hope... then that hope is gone... and back to sad. The author played with emotions quite well. It is sad and I applaud it.

Whenever I've read stories that are in letter form, the author always makes it pretty easy to follow. This story was no exception. It's really easy to read along, and as I read I went from smiling cause it's Pinkie to being kinda sad and shocked :pinkiesad2: I realize why the story title is in the past tense now... How I Felt. Pretty rough.

GRAMMAR
I noticed quite a few grammar mistakes... a few things like

I began going to visit Twilight

and little spelling or punctuation mistakes here or there. Overall not bad! 3 out of 5.

STYLE
Reading this story made me sad. I always read things in the characters voices in my head and Reading this with Pinkie Pie's voice was sad. If anyone tells you "Oh well Pinkie is OOC" They miss the point of reading it, she's supposed to be OOC. She is going through something that to her is a heartbreaking experience, and it breaks her. Pinkie is the Element of Laughter. It only took one heartbreak to turn her into a complete opposite of her normal self. I must give the author a pat on the back for successfully making Pinkie sound somewhat Pinkish but still sad. I mean I can't imagine her being all laffy taffy while writing a sad letter. So well done.

I think this story does need a sequel. Maybe a letter from the pony she loves. A final response... or something like that. That would give closure... I noticed in the comments the author mentioned the possibility for more chapters so that would be cool. Maybe a letter from everypony? I assume the author wrote this from maybe some kind of experience they went through so I wont be rude and just start blabbing out ideas... lol

This story gets a 7 out of 10 for me and earns an I enjoyed it rating. Brings back some sad memories for my life, and is written pretty well. This story does deal with something a lot of teenagers deal with these days. I recommend it to anypony who wants to read a sad Pinkie fic!
The aftermath of this letter must've been traumatizing for the others... Thinking about that alone makes me sad :pinkiesad2:

This is Tidal... Never forget y'all... Friendship is Magic. Always look out for your friends.

FamousLastWords
Group Admin

2710897 Okay, so this is a really sad review.... but you still made it fun.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2