The Pleasant Commentator and Review Group! 1,288 members · 149 stories
Comments ( 10 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10
Tidal
Group Admin

Ok well let me first off introduce myself. I am Tidal, I find great joy in sad stories. I love being thrown into the sea of feels. I applaud any and all writers who bring tears to my eyes. which isn't very hard.

Moving on.

For my first review I read the story That which makes up a rainbow by author maxxxxxx

FEELS METER :fluttercry: :raritydespair:
The story has been placed in the sad folder, where it does belong. I have a built in feels meter that goes to 10. and this story was an 8.5

Mood
It starts off in a dark place, with the star of the story Rainbow Dash not knowing where she is. One might feel this is cliche and start to plan out whats gonna happen. shes gonna be dead, or shes gonna be asleep Where she actually is... Really interested me. She's basically in limbo. :rainbowderp: (No she is not high.... I think... MAXXXXXX! SHE BETTER NOT HAVE BEEN HIGH!)

Throughout the story she is visited by Different, Brilliantly crafted OC. The amount of detail for each situation and character is done very well in the short amount of time each gets in the chapter. There are scenes we as bronies are familiar with, and scenes that are completely original, that are made up so well I feel they could be apart of Rainbow's actual back story. The whole fic was really easy to follow, the scenes transitioned easily and the detail was not too extreme, but enough for me imagine the story in my mind as it were an episode. At the end of the story I felt like the author did right posting this story in the sad folder as the final few paragraphs spawned a tear. One of sadness. But also one of relief.

GRAMMAR
I noticed an average of at least 1-2 grammar mistakes a paragraph. But they were minor mistakes such as using "you're" when the situation needed a "your" and I noticed a few times that the gender of the character "Shield" would sometimes be a he, and sometimes a she. Aside from little bitty mistakes here and there the story was written well and does not deserve much flack. so I give the story a 3 out of 5 for grammar.

STYLE
this story was written in 3rd person, circling around Rainbow and her giant cluster**** of emotions. One thing I myself felt was a little off was how in the beginning of the story Rainbow is still her brash, brave, bragging self. and then at the crack of a whip she's

I mean it all made sense, and the author did a good job including not only what she said, but what she thought. sharing her fears, doubts, and worries with us. I just feel she maybe gave up hope a little too quickly. All in all it was still done well, and that ENDING made it all worth it.

Finally its time for the final score. I will follow Mr. Flare's style of rating here and give it a:

YOU MUST READ THIS!

The author has earned a like and a favorite from me, and I suggest this story to anyone who wants to see Rainbow as far away from her normal personality as she can possibly go.

Cromegas_Flare
Group Admin

Well done for the first review!

Tidal
Group Admin

2618322 Thanks! I really enjoyed it, I'm looking forward to doing some more! Thanks again for letting me join!

Cromegas_Flare
Group Admin

2618252 Thank you soooo much for the reweiw and im super glad you liked it! Im glad it garnered such high praise. I appreciate your comprehesive review :)

2618252 also if you really liked it there is a sequel if you want to check it out...

Tidal
Group Admin

2618735 No problem! You're a great writer, keep up the good work. :pinkiehappy:

Tidal
Group Admin

2618758 Sure I'll give it a read and give you my feedback on that one as well! :twilightsmile:

2618812 thank you! and i would love to hear your thoughts. Normally i would put a big pinkie pie smile here but i cant on my phone...

Tidal
Group Admin

2618842 :pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy: I've got one to spare!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 10