The Pleasant Commentator and Review Group! 1,288 members · 149 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2

Reviewing is kind of a new thing for me, but I think I'd treat it like anything else, an attempt to coerce you to read a work that needs more views. I stay away from spoilers, because frankly I don't like them that much and you shouldn't either. I believe the story should speak mostly for itself, if you and/or the author wish for me to be more of a spoil sport, I can make a color commentary thread at a later date. (Which would require me to re-read the story, I don't mind this one however.) Now onto the Spoiler Free Review.

A Legend Crashes Into Equestria. By Avatar of Madness. I have been watching this story since it started, and it's kept me reading. With Humor ranging from subtle slapstick, to plain fake outs I get my laughter quota for about a week each chapter. The Grammar doesn't need to be brought up, because flaws are far and few between.

The story revolves around Lee, and his apparent "theft" of the Necronimicon, or as I call it, Black Book; Storms of Excrement. Because of the veritable Spitstorm holding it put him through, there's no telling what reading it would accomplish.

Lee's character is one I've seen before, but at the same time something completely alien, a human. Too often I've seen a character stick close to conventions and stereotypes. (Probo just bad luck I read the crappy HiEs.) Sure he's a racist douche, but it actually works rather well for him and his personality resonates well with the supporting cast. Maybe I have a twisted sense of humor, but I like in nonetheless.

It has a surprising amount of mythology behind it, but having the Necrono-Comicon it's expected, but I'm surprised by the amount of research behind it.

What sets this story apart is the use of an everyday item in ways that boggle the mind. A Car... that's right, Lee has an automobile. A Nissan Altima...(Product Placement.:trollestia:) Which as the title says, he Crashes into Equestria.

In Synopsis, It's got laughs, action, and tender moments that hit you right there. And it's a refreshing change of pace from self inserts and wish fulfillment that are all too commonplace in the HiE Genre. I'm enjoying the ride, and it's far from over.

Take a look, link up there.
All for now, Debonair.

2597781 wow this is incredibly late of me, but how about a commentary? It'd be nice to know what you think of it chapter by chapter.

Especially after Rage Reviews panned the story :rainbowlaugh:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2