The Pleasant Commentator and Review Group! 1,287 members · 149 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
Rinnaul
Group Admin

Boneless
By Belgerum

Reviewed by Rinnaul

So, I couldn’t decide on what to review, so I just went back to working my way down the list on clopfics, and… I’ll be honest. I’ve been putting this one off. I’ve read it before, and remember that time I reviewed the fic where Trixie fucks the Kool-Aid Man? Yeah, it’s like that one. Trollfic in the guise of clopfic. Really not my sense of humor, but I’ll do what I can.

I was going to put an image of Cheese Sandwich striking a sexy pose here to make myself feel better about this, but the only art I can find for him like that is either CheesePie, full-on explicit, or both.

Have Pinkie Pie instead, I guess.

It was that or Braeburn again.

Commentary and Review combined due to brevity.

Commentary + Review

So a dejected Cheese Sandwich is back in Ponyville, having been run out of the last town for failing to bring a “bone” to the party. Pinkie knows just what to do about this and brings him back to her room to get him a “bone”.

And then the whole thing is an extended gag about how “bone” in this scene could equally refer to an erection or a trombone. I really wish I had more to say on it, but it’s seriously just 1500 words for a one-off gag. If this sort of wordplay is something you find funny, the story might merit a look, but for anyone else, it’s just kind of dumb.

It’s random, it’s pointless, and to me at least, it’s really not that funny.

Tips

There’s not really much I can say here. The writing tends towards the telly end of things, but that’s about it. However, even the overabundance of emotion words wasn’t that notable on the first read-through.

Verdict

Normally I nudge my final score up a bit higher on this sort of thing to account for it not being my cup of tea, but in this case, I just don’t think the concept was enough to really carry a story on it’s own.

Needs Work. There actually isn’t much to be done for this, as it’s the core concept of the story that feels weak to me. I’m basically giving it this score as a way of saying “I did not enjoy this.” Of course, those who like the sense of humor present here might have a better reaction to it than I did, but comedy is always subjective like that.

I kind of wish this had been a clopfic. Pinkie’s natural exuberance, affection, and powerful emotions tend to produce really good sex scenes.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1