• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3
Cromegas_Flare
Group Admin

The Moon and the Night

by: Stanku

Story not linked due to Mature Rating

~~+~~

Mr. Flare's Review

Hi! How are you guys today! Ready for another sweet review! Now let me tell you guys, this one is a doozy. A story I went in expecting to be a little bit board because I have been board reading for the past few days, I was pleasantly and shockingly surprised. True, in this story you will find some cliche Ideas that have been done before, but the execution of which is different.

Rated Mature for Gore
Ya, that is the tag on this story and I can vouch for that. However, the gore has a place and a purpose. This story will get to your feels, especially if you love Luna because if one thing... your eyes will be open to true nightmares.

Not nightmares like "Oh, is there a ghost around here?" or things like, "OH Know, the 'Crazed Butt Stabber' is going to get me." NO, this nightmare is what we all are, as one of my favoret lines in the whole story being.

“It may be hard for you to understand… but the key concept of a nightmare, and thus of Nightmare Moon, is the notion that there is terror, misery, and horrorin everything.”

I stinking love it!
But there is one small flaw

horrorin
should be
horror in

OK, so now that I've killed my fan killing let's get into the review.

Execution

The story was well executed and thought out, or at least it felt that way. Any who read it will get that neat sense of darkness that any nightmare should bring. Though it was light, the only reason I'd say to keep the Mature rating is the Gore...

That is my only complaint, a story this awesome should not be Mature just for Gore alone. I wish to get into Luna's head more, to watch Luna truly suffer as she struggles with herself in feelings of rage and sympathy. Suffer as she holds back the hope to feed her "Fun" self. If the gore was gone, it would be Teen in my eyes. But hey, I still don't regret reading this story in any way. I'm happy I got to it before anyone ells.

The plot of this story was great, and though parts have done before, we get a great presentation of literature still! Thumbs up to me, it's a haunting story that will leave you wondering with theories.

Grammar

Okay, I did find some things that warrants attention. There were a few errors in how words are used, but those are easily missed by the common eye. I'm here to show you what tripped me up when I read this story.

And that, Twilight, is a lesson the case of Nightmare Moon has volumes to speak of.”

ah, this little gem, just read it out loud and go ahead and fix it up a bit. Not to hard, but It hurt to say out loud and in my head.

“What you are seeing is the dreamworld without any dreams or memories. There really is no good word it, but perhaps 'limbo' would be most suitable – that is what Celestia calls it, anyhow.”

>There really is no good word for it.< (Correction)

OK, that's about all I found before I was completely engulfed in the world of words and dreams.

Ratings

Here we go, after reading this story (One I actually liked allot, man I feel lucky) I have come to a Rating conclusion. Even though I'll blog this one and Give it a Favorite, I feel it lacks some in the ~Masterpiece~

I Highly Recommend this story!

~~+~~

TL;DR

Salt: For a story Mature, I feel that it lacked in actual depth to have this rating. The only reason it was Mature was because of the Gore. A story this awesome should have the depth match the gore.

Sugar: Well Executed and a breath of mystery at the end. Stephen King would be proud.

~Make Life an Adventure~
Mr. Flare

Hey, thanks a lot for the praising words! Reading this review made me simultaneously happy and sad, for while it's in the top ten reviews I've ever received, it also made me wish I could have such nifty critique on all of my stories, or at least for the better ones. Ah, the greed, the greed.

Thanks again!

Cromegas_Flare
Group Admin
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3