Nightmare Moon Is The Best Pony 1,932 members · 781 stories
Comments ( 40 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 40
Caesar Salad
Group Admin

Well here it is, our very first contest. This is for fun of course, and anyone can join if they so choose :pinkiehappy:. If you wish to partake, please say so in this thread, or PM me (Ponyeffect), so we know how many people are doing this.

Admins are allowed to take part, but they cannot vote on their own stories, and at least one admin will not participate to remove any bias. :scootangel:

Please remember, this is basically a beta test for the format, if we end up with complaints about the length or word count limits, then we'll take that into consideration for the next contest. If you have any questions, please leave a response or PM me. :twilightsmile:

Contest rules:

1) Write a story based on one of the pictures below. This story must have a word count of between 2000-8000 words. We aren't to strict on this however - if you end up going slightly over, that's fine. :twilightsmile:

2) The story must be clearly inspired by one of the pictures (Your cover photo should be whatever picture it was inspired by, it will make it easier for both us and you. You can change it once the contest is over :raritywink:). This may present itself as a theme or a scene, or whatever. If we think that it strays from the point too much, then it'll get a boot (to the head :facehoof:). If we have to ask you how it relates to the picture after reading, chances are that you have failed. :fluttershysad:

3) The contest ends on the 20th of October. This gives you guys and gals two weeks to write a good short story. You may submit at any time, but not after the deadline (silly person :derpytongue2:).

4) If you intend to enter this contest, leave a reply to this thread that you are first or PM me. When you have completed your fics, link it in a reply to this post or PM me. They will then be added to the entries folder, which will be locked to prevent any adding of fics without our consent (you know who you are :raritywink:). Remember to state in the description that it is an entry for this contest, it'll make things easy (and we get free publicity from it :trollestia:)

5) Read the rules again, we know you skipped them. :ajbemused:

(All credit goes to the artists who made these, not us :pinkiehappy:)

Man Pearple writes a lot when he wants to, all I can do is thank him for doing so :twilightsmile:.
Anyway, good luck with the contest everyone, we picked three very different pictures which will hopefully suit everyone's writing tastes:rainbowdetermined2:.
And remember, do have fun :raritywink:.

FIRST!
But yeah, I'll try this for Ponyeffect, it might come out alright :P

I'm going to try to participate. It'll be good for the One-Shotober challenge. :pinkiehappy:

Caesar Salad
Group Admin

There's a one-shotober challenge? I never knew :rainbowderp:
And I'm sure you'll do fine, good luck :twilightsmile:

Thanks. :pinkiesmile:
It only stated this year; it was started by CartsBeforeHorses and Redigar.

Caesar Salad
Group Admin

Ah okay, I probably should have known that :facehoof:

Ah hell yeah! Already have a cool eldritch abomination idea for the first pic!

Caesar Salad
Group Admin

That one seems very popular :pinkiehappy:
Glad to have you on-board, good luck :twilightsmile:

Caesar Salad
Group Admin

I'm glad we could help, good luck :twilightsmile:

Note Pad
Group Admin

1901473 Thinking that I might want to join the contest after all, not 100% sure yet. :applejackunsure:

Caesar Salad
Group Admin

Do it, I've said I won't do it this time so you or any of the other admins partake :raritywink:

Note Pad
Group Admin

1903703 I'm already working on the story. I just hope nopony else had the same idea as me, but I'm guessing that won't be the case.:twilightsheepish:

Caesar Salad
Group Admin

Depends which story you're doing, Pears has been quite popular :pinkiesmile:

Note Pad
Group Admin

1903728 Give you a hint, it's called "My Little Nightmare"

Caesar Salad
Group Admin

Hmm, so it's the middle pic then :trollestia:

Note Pad
Group Admin

1903742 I hope you're being sarcastic, if not:facehoof:

Caesar Salad
Group Admin

It's not sarcastic if you're trolling :raritywink::trollestia:

Note Pad
Group Admin

1903751 Nightmare is not amused.

Caesar Salad
Group Admin

Curse you, I am on my mobile, I can't reply with a pic :fluttercry:

I'll jump in on it, though I'll have to write it in between my Oneshotober entries.

The above conversation amused me.
Also, I'm in Dogs...
...Dudes? Bros? Bras? Bitches? Female-Dogs?
I know there's a word one would use to refer to members of this fandom, but I just can't think of it.
Oh well, I'm still in.

...Hoofers?

Caesar Salad
Group Admin

Glad to have you onboard, good luck :twilightsmile:

P.s. i believe the word you are looking for is ha you thought I'd tell you? How rustled are your jimmies now?

I copy and pasted and everything.:twilightangry2:
This isn't over.

...Hay-Eaters?

Caesar Salad
Group Admin

P.s.It's Bronies/Pegasister/fags (haters personal favourite) :raritywink:

1906389 Picture made me giggle.
Also, I know it's bronies, I was just making a joke and taking it too far.
I appreciate the help though.

Also, Bronies in general seem to be heterosexual, so it might be more effective to accuse us of being into bestiality.

Caesar Salad
Group Admin

Let's not give them any ideas now :raritywink:

Quick question, are we limited to only one story for the contest?

Caesar Salad
Group Admin

For this one yes, but I'm going to try and see if we can make multiple entries available soon

1906753 Thanks for the clarification.

Caesar Salad
Group Admin

Well, since I've written alternate personalities before, the first seems like a sure choice.

Caesar Salad
Group Admin

I assume that means you're on-board :pinkiehappy:

I'm in. This is gonna be awesome.

Caesar Salad
Group Admin

Great to hear, good luck :twilightsmile:

Caesar Salad
Group Admin

Thank you, we will review it as soon as

Hey, I was just wondering something.
How are the entries going to be judged? Are they going to be judged by the admins ore based on up votes or something?
Just wondering.:applejackunsure:

Caesar Salad
Group Admin

We're doing admin votes to start with. Depending on how well that goes we'll decide whether to continue using it or to change to something else :twilightsmile:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 40