Human in Equestria 16,819 members · 16,970 stories
Comments ( 33 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 33

what do you guys think would happen to a human who had fluttershy use the stare on him or her. personally i think its along the lines of this:

The comic strip sums up exactly what would happen.

Hmmmm, indeed :duck:

Not trying to boast, but if she ever did that, I'd just smile and stare back.

nothing human just wondering what the hell is going on.

1796180 I think most humans would ask why the hell are you staring at me?

The only being in Equestria that we know to be immune to Fluttershy's ability is Discord. Since none of us are immortal incarnations of Chaos, I think we probably would be affected by it. The Stare is less like the comics portrayal and more along the lines of being seriously told off by your parents. At least that's how I always viewed it. :rainbowhuh: On the other hand, we have never seen Fluttershy use it on anyone other than animals, so it may be limited to them. :trixieshiftright:

1796180 That would probably happen. Actually, it depends on how she'd look to me. Since as I already said, ponies in the real world would be pretty freaky.

Depends on the will and mindset of the human, imo. :raritywink:

1796289 considering the first time i saw fluttershy my train of thought was "hey thats a cute pony" "omg she's scared" " i must protect her"

For a Brony that would be right. For a soldier it would probably be to stare back in their "I've seen some fucked up shit" stare that makes Fluttershy run away. For the average person, be like; what the hell are you doing?

If we assume that Fluttershy's Stare works on the same principle of ethology of "staring an animal in its eyes it's sign of aggressiviness", then the Stare wouldn't work on a human, since staring somebody in the eyes isn't sign of aggressiveness por se. And so, the result would be a confused human, and a scared Fluttershy, since she failed to tame an animal with her "Stare".

This was the stare that i got every day for 13 weeks!!!

It'd probably work the same way it works on everyone else (except Discord). She's used it n dragons, who are intelligent beings in the series's continuity.

Cute comic, though.

That would explain what happened with Discor-- Oops sorry, headcanon.

I have no doubt it would work on a human since she made a dragon cry.
Depending on what kinda person you are, it could attack you two ways. (A.) Imagine disappointing your Mother, An Irish Mother (Like Mrs. Weasly) , and a Jewish Grandmother all at the same time and all of that guilt and shame in one shot... :twilightoops::raritycry::applejackconfused::fluttercry::raritydespair:
(B.) The feeling you get in a Nightmare that snaps you awake and has you frozen in fear as if a giant hawk was watching you...

Of course, no one has given her reason to make them see something worse... THE GLARE!!

A Brony would probably get an erection.

1796209 that's assuming the stare itself is what is intimidating, I just assumed that the stare was her concentrating pure magic onto something to put it in a dazed state in which she can manipulate them ... man fluttershy is a badass

Time for my headcanon.

For animals, staring into the eyes is a sign of aggression. The one who looks away first is the submissive one.

THE STARE is only a test of will. Not a special ability. Now put it in a cartoon so it works for all animals.

Mild discomfort and annoyance from knowing you're being stared at. There's simply nothing terrifying about a herbivore half your size giving you a very stern stink eye. I'm more afraid of a Dachshund (vicious little bastards).

Now a fully grown horse doing the same would be a bit more disquieting.

WAY~ ahead of 'ya. :trollestia:

There would be many soiled pants, I'd think.:twilightblush:

:trollestia:

i woukd stare and smike back, and scare them with my carnivore teeth

I'd say it would be a scale of '1-10'.
One would be "What are you doing?"
Ten would be "OMG! MY BRAIN IS MELTING!!!"

I like to think the Stare is actually a derivative of "THE GLARE" a scary glare Fluttershy's military and drill sergeant mother does to recruits.

Anyway, anyone with tenacity and/or other traits would be immune or able to pull through. A cold soldier, like Master Chief would make the stare ineffective.

People who are very patient also.

As well, again, determination. We're determined fucks who never stop no matter what's in our way. The stare has nothing on Kamina and Simon! THAT'S THE WAY TEAM DAI-GURREN ROLLS!

1796395 *Sigh* Hah~, good times. :moustache: Though I'm more of a Hooah than an Oohra.

1797936 In the front, or in the back?

1799492Remember the good old days back in basics where everything you did was wrong, even if it wasn't?

Even though im WAAAAAAYYYY past basic training for the USMC watching videos like this still make me happy!

1801309 They've pussified a lot of things for Basic Training. Gas chamber is joke nowadays, smokings are more a smolder than anything, drill sergeants aren't nearly as harsh, a whole lot of shit got softened up.

1796289 This.

It might work on a human If he were a fucking hippy, but if, say she tried to use the stare on a seasoned space marine who has facial scars in equal number to the times he's seen close friends have their limbs blown the fuck off, then he'd stare right back at her and probably scare flutters so much he puts her into a goddamn coma.

1805891Yea it really has, Althogh it's WAAAAAY worse in the army, honestly during WW2 the Marine recrutes were beaten half to death on a daily basis, and the army had a respectable training program.
Now a days the Marines got toned down and the Army's been turned into a bunch of pussies.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 33