Humans are Superior 4,450 members · 1,246 stories
Comments ( 63 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 63

Well? If you led an army, would they be equipped with Gas Masks?

Pros:
Fear factor can demoralize enemies.
Protection against flares and flash bangs.
Obviously filtering out gas.
Extra protection.

Cons:
Harder to see (for the most part)
Dehumanization of soldier can consequently give the enemy more of a reason to shoot.

I say yay, largely because I'm sure gas masks in the future will work to overcome their downfalls.

2689248 I'm more of a Dead Space R.I.G. helmet kind of guy. Therefore, they can breath in space and see straight.

2689248 Don't forget this guy!

2689248 The main problem is vision, if you are going to battle dehumanization is not a problem, since you are not looking to make friends.

ClassyGeneral
Group Contributor

More or less, I would have my armies use proper filtration systems in helmets.
Less weaknesses and itimidation.

Physcogical warfare is better than any other.

HUNK, is from the Resident Evil series. He first appeared in 2, so there ya go.

Mmhm, you're there to make the other guy die for his cause.

No face concealing masks/helmets. Didn't you read the Evil Overlord List?

Name of one of the characters in my fic. :trixieshiftright: And Half Life 2 is awesome.

Gas Masks are Epic.

Btw, this is supposedly a pic from the riots in Ukraine.

But here's the thing ,we're not evil. And I'd design every gas mask to only work for someone loyal to the cause, other wise they shut off and magically suffocate the spy.

2689248 Depends on the environment and the nature of the enemy.

2689269 Really? that's HUNK from Resident Evil! :facehoof:

He's the most badass background character ever!

Never played resident evil. :twilightblush:

2689292 And he holds the record for being the most badass background character ever! Second only to Boba Fett!

2689262 I'll second that. :rainbowkiss:

2689248 Of course I'll make them gas masks. That shit protect your respiratory system and face from all sorts of crap in the air. Plus want my soldiers to have that extra scare factor, eh.

Have them, don't wear them till needed. But future gas masks will be easier to see and breathe out of.

Beware Equestrians.

Really guys? Not one of you? Guess I'll have to put this here then.

And this,

2689310 What you my good sir need is something like this, fully concealed or at least purified oxygen system while having it open in the front.

Don't forget about these guys.

I've killed 12 of these dumbass scientists. Not one of them fought back. This sucks!

Ya but those problems could be solved with ease especially in 20-50 years just need internal cooling or a virtual display that goes on the inside of the helmet to you don't have visibility problems.

Though why even bother with a gas mask when we can all be transhuman.

There are masks currently that have cooling features. (quite cheep)

Have you seen titanfall? That was what I meant by having the display inside the helmet to see outside.
Look at Titanfall and see what I mean.

Well you get what I mean with titanfall.

Don't have the source for it now but I remember seeing someone make a mask with cooling features.
It was a while ago that I saw it.

deal with it.

Don't destroy me dreams with realism :ajsleepy:

Wouldn't need them, all my suits would be airsealed with personal nanites oxygen systems anyway.

Only for the Pyros.

2689248 The Mojave Desert Rangers.

I love their masks.

Squad, we've got Freeman!!

I think you know my answer

Hell no, it's far more fucking worst far more

The best gas masks are ones found in real life.

MCU-2/P Protective Mask

No more vision problems.

Yay I like the gears of war 2 cogs helmets…but I guess this technically aren't gaze masks.

I asked the same question, they answered.

2696664 HUNK from Resident Evil. His name is an acronym. It means Human Unit Never Killed. He got that nickname because he had a reputation for being deployed on the most dangerous misssions for Umbrella and being the only survivor.

Yes, mainly cause they look fucking awesome.

2689248 Oh fuck yeah. It may be dehumanizing but gas masks look fucking terrifying and badass. It could have an effect on enemy morale of done well. I think I have a fetish for them.

4694571 I'm gonna change my profile pic to something more... Fitting.

4694565 Making your name "Thread Necromancer" does not make it okay to necro.

4694602 There isn't much new shit on the forums so I look at the old shit. And I'm replying seriously.

Who's your avatar? She's cute.

I'm more of a helmet person, as could probably be guessed from my avatar and name.

Uh, very much yes.
HOWEVER my infantry would wear the kinds of special helmets/masks that have no (visible) visor, much like some of the more high-end headwear in CoD: AW

I like them because they all have air filters/hazardous environment protection built into them, while at the same time sacrifice pretty much no visibility (I know that's just because it's a game and all but bear with me). Plus with this you have the advantage of there is nothing to shatter in your face, like the screen of a mask. For most of those helmets you just have a metal plate there. Not to mention the intimidation factor is even better than regular gas masks, since a regular one (it's eye ports mainly) at least kinda gives off the sense that there is still a face behind it, but with completely covered ones like these it makes it seem so much more... I dunno, monotone.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 63