Straight Shipping 2,890 members · 6,596 stories
Comments ( 77 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 77

I went to make a post about the Mane 6 having husbands, and I got flamed from every brony there on how the mane 6 were 'truly lesbian'. :ajbemused:

I think the bronies on the normal shipping forum are deluded. They seriously think ponies from a little girls show are factually lesbian just because they're close without realizing that you have to be biologically gay for it to work. :derpytongue2:

Then they kept yelling at me that the Mane 6 would "obviously" use artificial pregnancy because it was the 'norm in the show' without realizing again that artificial pregnancy would have wiped out the need for males a long time ago.

I'm sorry for ranting but I am never going back to that forum again. People like this are part of the reason why LGBTs can't get accepted in society because people make sexual orientations a type of fad rather than a simple biological condition.

1372515 You didn't know that would happen?
HA.
Why do you think this group needed to be made?

1372515 Can I get a link to the forum.

Got deleted, this was my last forum post on it before things got tense."

"Ah screw you all. I make a thread about husbands, you want to talk about your convoluted lesbian ships. Just because somebrony wants to talk about straight shipping doesn't mean he hates LGBTs. Besides, what is so bad if the Mane 6 show affection for males.

I think Dash can end up with both Spitfire, Big Mac, Soarin and Applejack. There is NO trace of the Mane 6 being lesbian. do you want to know why? Sexuality is biological. We have no DNA print that regards the 6 as lesbians. Just because they are close doesn't mean they're in love. An entire town of lesbians seems laughable.

If artificial pregnancy was the norm, males would have been wiped out a long time ago."

"Norm in the show"? I'm fairly sure that such a thing has never even been mentioned in the show.

1372515 Also.

people make sexual orientations a type of fad rather than a simple biological condition.

THIS, fucking THIS.
I swear that calling yourself bisexual is the next "pop trend".

Vexy
Group Admin

The majority of people really like their inter-main six shipping.

I respect their opinions, but I'm really not a fan of the conviction with which they deal them out. I apologize if they offended you, but perhaps they felt offended because you had posted "husbands" in the thread title, and they interpreted that as ruling out the possibility of a homosexual relationship.

Then they kept yelling at me that the Mane 6 would "obviously" use artificial pregnancy because it was the 'norm in the show' without realizing again that artificial pregnancy would have wiped out the need for males a long time ago.

Well, to be fair, that's just not true. It might be in its infancy, or it could be prohibitively expensive, or (seemingly more likely) lesbian couples tend to request "donation" sperm.

I mean, really -- farm work isn't technically necessary either, but those damn earth ponies refuse to let unicorns help, because tradition. (Or, as I like to call it, "not learning from the mistakes of your elders".) But it happens. Maybe males are just, well, not all that important.

Equestria: A feminist's wet dream.

Comment posted by MetaKnight145 deleted Jul 27th, 2013

1372515 That is the stupidest thing I've ever seen. What there doing is flaming crap (sorry) for their opinions and stating them as fact's. It's not fact. :facehoof::facehoof:

Heck, form what I've seen in canon, Twilight and Rarity are straight. Twilight from EQG, and Rarity from episode 3 of all things:

That, that right there is proof. Fact. They can interpret it any way they can, but it's there.

You keep bringing up that word when you see me, yet you use "patriarchy" when I'm not around. :raritywink:

I think paying attention to gender information is realistic. FIM would be my wet dream for entirely other reasons than "possible feminism". :twilightsmile:

Actually...homosexuality/LGBT is not a biological condition.

Its a concious choice. Unless you were actually born a hermaphrodyte (probably spelled that one wrong:twilightblush:)

But your argument about the Main Six not being lesbian is still otherwise a solid one.

Kinda the reason I don't read a lot of ship fics or voice my despleasure of such shippings on any of the fourms. I just have that expressed on any relevant blog posts I might make or if someone asks.

BTW, I'm not going to answer any attack comments that obviously come from my above statement of 'homosexualty being a choice, not a biological factor' okay? I just felt I should express my own honest opinion on that, and that's it. I won't allow someone to pull me into a flame war.

I remember you, are you writing that fic we brought up yesterday?

Digressing, I have a lot of lesbian OTPs like Lyra and BonBon because I like BALANCE in romance stories like Bronyus Maximus. The others however want a homo dominated world which is just as bad is a het dominated world.

1372607 Do I? I meet so many people on this site I gave up trying to remember names.

Comment posted by MetaKnight145 deleted Jul 27th, 2013

1372515 This is part of the reason why I can't take shipping-heads seriously.

Equestria doesn't need feminism or menism. It's equalism. Unless you look deep into it where males are slightly suppressed. Then again, why would they want to take part in an effeminate society in the first place. They seem content.

I'm sorry, but it's a fact that sexuality is genetic. Peace.

It's percolating. I need to kind of work out which characters I want in it (my male characters are notoriously shitty, so that'll . . . suck. It'll suck) and what angle I'm going from, etc. etc., and what the A to B is (as in, where it starts, and where it ends).

All I have right now is the concept, but I like it, so it'll probably get finished. Just keep in mind: I probably won't have a happy ending for it. :twilightsheepish:

Notice that I wasn't suggesting that I'm feminist, or that Equestria needs it, or something. I'm talking about this from a worldbuilding perspective.

I mean, think about it -- females have, as far as we can tell, virtually all the political power. We've seen no examples of male anything officialwise, except Shining Armor and, what, two of the judges at Twilight's test as a foal? (And let's be honest: Shining Armor and like four other male characters are the only fleshed out male characters. At all.)

Most of the males we've seen are either laborers or shopkeepers. Who makes labor laws and mercantile laws?

Celestia. Or some royals that she overrides when she feels like, perhaps.

I've posited elsewhere that it's possible males are "encouraged" to stay home, stay out of sight, etc., unless they have a job. It's only marginally more disturbing than the "barely any part of the population" theory, IMO.

These are the things uprisings are made of! Suppressed classes of people, etc. etc., etc. etc., worldbuilding stuff.

That's all I'm talking about.

It was in a Skype. I kept trying to change the subject and you kept dragging it back to how feminism shouldn't exist. :twilightsmile:

I guess I didn't make much of an impact! :rainbowlaugh:

I just don't consider EQG canon, is all.

While it's unfortunate that happened I don't think you should let it upset you, some people are jackasses and getting upset over them being jackasses is not worth your time. Alot of people like shipping the mane 6 with each other and that is of course fine, but there really is no need for them to be rude and nasty to you for suggesting the mane 6 just might get husbands. Because this is a "kids show" it is unlikely that any of the mane 6 would canonically be lesbian, if anything it has been confirmed that Rarity is in fact straight due to her crush on Prince Blueblood and Twilight Sparkle if you include Equestria Girls and the crush she had on Flash Sentry.

Broken
Group Admin

Want to hear the truth mate? Simply: Lack of creativity.

It's so much easier to write a ship fic about how Dash and Twilight, two best friends who had a long way from season one to present day together, than building a relationship with an almost never seen Big Macintosh, because it's harder, after all, you need to construct everything to make the story believable.

Also, what Alex said and showed is an undeniable proof. Rarity's dream IS TO FIND A PRINCE CHARMING FOR HER, PRINCE not princess.

Twilight on EQG showed interest towards Flash Sentry. When she showed interest on any of her friends, I can't seem to remember.

I think the problem may lie too, on the fact that female friendship is rather different than male relationship, and as we know, most of this site's users are males. Females tends to be much more affectionate than males when it comes to show their friendship, males otherwise, altho they can be the best pals, will always stay away from saying things like, "I love my best friend" because of how biased the society could be towards them.

I'm sorry for you having to get through this. The fandom needs to change a little, and start to respect all opinions and remember that Fanon<Canon.

i've seen tons of good M/F. but those had male ocs.

Wow, they go against "Love and Tolerance" and start flaming the shit out of you.

Dang, next time, we need to make our own forums (not on fimfiction.net but on some other domain) and start having members the instant we make it.

Also, was it on MLPforums?

Vexy
Group Admin

1372633>>1372608

I shouldn't branch off-topic like this, but I can't help it.

I'm actually of the opinion that it's different for everyone. Most people can agree that people are born straight / gay, and I support that view entirely. I'm thinking of bi-sexuals: how do they decide between a man or a woman?

I really shouldn't dabble in topics I'm neither familiar with nor have a strong opinion in, but I can't help it. Just this once. :twilightblush:

1372606 1372515

Bisexuality is a thing. Someone can show/hold affections for both genders. :trollestia: Just playing around! :derpytongue2: It's true though--who knows what their sexual orientations are? For any character? Frankly, I find getting into an argument over the possible sexual orientation(s) of cartoon characters ridiculous. I enjoy ships of all kinds--gay male, lesbian, straight, etc. (Not really keen on polyamory/harems, but I don't judge. It's just not for me.)

Agreed with this. There needs to be balance. A world of only one sexual orientation is a bad world IMO. Even in my stories where the main relationship is a lesbian one, there are heterosexual characters/heterosexual relationships examined as well. (Haven't written any M/M yet...need to get on that sometime.)

:rainbowlaugh: I chose to be lesbian the same day you chose to be straight. Do you have yours marked on a calendar too? :pinkiecrazy::rainbowlaugh: And no, I'm not flaming you, just...really think about what you said for a second. :unsuresweetie:

1373031 Yeah I did really think about what I said.

I still chose to remain straight when I reached the age of 18. So, yes, I made a conscious choice to be straight, since, before then, I was too young to properly make an informed decision on the matter.

So I stand by what I said.

Note: If this seems somewhat brusque of a response, I apologize. I've already been in at least six such debates today and honestly, I'm a little tired with them and that makes me snappy. I'm sorry if I seem snappy.

But I'm still not taking back what I said. I meant what I said and I said what I meant and I will not change my mind on that matter. Thank you.

Hope you have a nice day.:twilightsmile:

1373031 I can never put harems and romance in the same category

Well, you're entitled to your opinion, but no professional (American, at least--not sure about those outside of the U.S) psychological organization agrees with you. :twilightsmile: Maybe the thinly-veiled religious fundamentalist ones do, but those are not true scientific organizations. There is a reason why said professionals disagree with you.

But here you said "remain straight." Remain straight implies that you were straight before you were 18, yes? I'm guessing you're male and had crushes on girls before you were 18, yes? Probably some strong sexual feelings before you reached 18, yes? Heterosexual feelings = heterosexual. No one choose their feelings. No choice was made here.

To be fair, you can choose to be in straight relationships, or engage in straight sex (even if you are not straight), but you do not choose to have heterosexual feelings and be heterosexual.

I find it very sad that you are not willing to open your mind to the possiblity that you are wrong. Closed-mindedness will not get you far in life. If you can show me concrete evidence that I am wrong, I am willing to change my mind. But I remain on the side of science and experience.

Also, didn't you say you wouldn't respond to comments? :trollestia:

You have a nice day too. :twilightsmile:

1373077 Well, I wouldn't respond to any flaming comments (should have made that clear in hindsight).

And you have a nice day too:twilightsmile:

Ah. I see then. Fair enough. :twilightsmile: Take care!

I tried once writing a story with Octavia and Vinyl as straight and it got a lot of dislikes because of that.:twilightangry2: also those kinds of people are only pushing me too hate MLP.:twilightangry2:

Heck, some of them think that he L in the title also means "lesbian" and making it to "my lesbian pony". Now that's just stupid.

You know...looking at that particular frame (with the ring on the horn) I can't help but notice how incredibly Freudian that is. Stupid gutter brain.

1373121 Don't know what that word means.

Comment posted by Bigby Wolf deleted Jul 27th, 2013

1373077 Eh, I don't see how anything is purely genetic or biological. That just sounds more like an excuse. But, I am willing to consider it being somewhat genetic, just like the whole nature vs nurture thing. It's a little bit of both and not one over the other.

Eh, I don't see how anything is purely genetic or biological. That just sounds more like an excuse.

Anything? :rainbowhuh: Nothing is purely biological? You might wanna rephrase that... And I don't think it would be an "excuse".

From dictionary.com:

ex·cuse
/ikˈskyo͞oz/
Verb
Attempt to lessen the blame attaching to (a fault or offense); seek to defend or justify.
Noun
A reason or explanation put forward to defend or justify a fault or offense.

There is no fault or offense in being homosexual, heterosexual, bisexual, pansexual, asexual, etc. The orientation itself is neutral. It is neither good nor bad. It just is. Obviously, if someone uses their homosexuality as an excuse to hurt others (or one's heterosexuality, etc.) then they are a bad person, but they are not bad because they are gay. They are bad because they hurt others.

The APA itself says that sexual orientation is due a combination of factors, including biological (genetics, hormones), early environmental, sociological, etc. There is no nailed-down reason why. For the vast majority of people (i.e. "jailhouse gay" situations aside) it is not a choice. Nature, nurture, or both, you can't choose who you are attracted to. You can choose to act on it or not, of course.

Personally, I have three relatives who are in my immediate family, all on my father's side, who are gay. I never grew up with them or knew them beyond occasional holidays and such. I was never molested or harmed by either gender, either. (I mention this because some people think homosexuality is the result of abuse or negelect.) I think there is a definite biological factor in my own case.

1373366 Eh. Whatever floats your boat.

1372515 Agreed, can I get a link to said forum? Observing other people get butthurt over their precious head-canon can be amusing.

EDIT: Oh, it got deleted, typical.

Well...I think the most likely reason for the popularity of intra-mane six shippings is because it is CONVENIENT. It is EASY to ship them together!

That's what I'm getting.

1373131 Freudian is term which refers to Sigmund Freud, a late 19th/early 20th century psychoanalyst who did a lot of theorizing on human sexuality.

In summary, he believed people constantly think about sex on a subconscious level.

1373318 1373366 Don't forget that there is a new field of study which may be very relevant to the nature vs nurture debate: epigenetics.

1373515 As also posited by 1372759 .

Oh yes, can't forget about that! Been a while since I've been in a Biology class. Thanks! :moustache:

1373620 It's what I'm here for. Personally, on the whole "Choice/No Choice" thing, I'm a regular old fence-sitter. People haven't been able to be openly gay with minimal fear of being murdered quite long enough for there to be studies of every possible ramification. I'm presently waiting for the numbers to come in on a lot of things.

1373827 Yeah, personally, at this point, in the perspective of story-telling, I find the conflict of a mare trying to find a good stallion, or vice versa, more compelling than the oft-overblown or completely ignored conflicts of coming to terms with a non-heterosexuality.

I'm gay and I know for a fact that is true. Its biological.
I'm surprised you got so much hate. I think it'd be cool to give the main six husbands. But some people think headcanon is more real than real canon. I see the main six shippable with almost anyone, male or female. But if I'm making them gay in a fic, then they are going to stay gay. I think the best solution is to say that everyone is bisexual :twilightsmile:

1372608 I'm a girl, I tried to be attracted to men all my life and I just couldn't. I feel repelled being with a man in that way. I only realized I was gay last year and I know I could only be with a girl. I would be miserable with a man even if he was perfect for me and gorgeous. Being gay is not a choice. But some people don't understand what real attraction is so they may sometimes think they gay because they curious. But most people who experiment usually end up being with someone of the opposite gender because it is what you are most attracted to. You either like being with a man or not (Instinctual) It really depends on what makes you happy. I've tried being straight most my life and I just couldn't.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 77