SpikeBelle 701 members · 186 stories
Comments ( 15 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 15

(Just another spoiler warning encase you haven't watched the first episode of season 5)

Ok let me explain, I've had this thought ever since the teaser at that big convention (I forget which one it was). So when the main six leave to go to that village Spike is left in ponyville where he clams he is going to spend the week with Big Mac doing so called 'manly activity's'. Its a nice joke with Fluttershy but I'm not going to lie, I really don't like it. I mean Spike has never really talked to Big Mac before so why is he now spending the week with him, well apparently because he is a guy and guys must do guy stuff together. It just feels like such a missed opportunity. Basically I would prefer it if Spike spent the week with the cmc, he has been seen talking to them before and I really want to see him hanging around with them more often. They could have made a separate episode much like they did in season 3 for this to see Spike become closer friends with them. Now that's what I am disappointed the writers didn't do but you know what would be better still, if perhaps in the time they spent together Sweetie Belle could develop a crush on Spike which would last a few episodes and would need to be written carefully and properly, not just for the sake of it. after more time with her, Spike begins to see her differently to and as for his crush on Rarity well if you notice recently in canon Spike has kinda lost interest in it really (not including equestrian girls). Now I know that's wishful thinking and it is likely not going to happen but you never know, I mean its more plausible than a lot of other ships right. And then in a great episode of realisation Sweetie admits her feelings and Spike also sees the light and then they totally start dating. It could open up some more moral options to, none to serious as they are both children but still. Now I cant blame Hasbro for not doing any of this but it would be really cool and that was a good opportunity for it. (I do really want to see Spike hanging out with the cmc more though).

Ehh, I don't think so.
P.S. it is spelled Big Mac:ajsmug:

4239606 oops curse this dyslexia :facehoof: there's always a mistake somewhere.

Idw fucking spell check

Ok ok I will change the spellings.

Darth Redbeard
Group Admin

4239757 cannon needs to be changed to canon

4239783 oh really? Well ok then.

Done now can everyone please stop pointing out spelling flaws, it's just a forum.

Basically I would prefer it if Spike spent the week with the cmc, he has been seen talking to them before and I really want to see him hanging around with them more often.

I agree. I would love to see more Spike/CMC episodes, especially between him and Sweetie Belle.

I mean Spike has never really talked to Big Mac before so why is he now spending the week with him, well apparently because he is a guy and guys must do guy stuff together. It just feels like such a missed opportunity. Basically I would prefer it if Spike spent the week with the cmc, he has been seen talking to them before and I really want to see him hanging around with them more often.

Look, I love putting the Spike together with the CMC, but let's think about this for a moment.

Imagine you are a boy age 11-13 or so. What do you picture yourself doing on your spare time? Probably not hanging out with three preteen girls. (Even if they are tomboys.)

We don't really know what Spike is up to when he's not part of an episode, but it's very likely he actually has male friends. Macintosh may be a bit of an odd choice, but yeah, I could see Spike viewing him in a big brother sort of way. I mean, I would have had him hang out with, say, Rumble and Button Mash, but I did appreciate the implication that Spike's acquaintances does not exclusively consist of girls, which oddly enough seems to be the predominant perception in this fandom.

Rubyfire377
Group Admin

4239582 hmmm it would be nice to see Spike hang out with the CMC maybe but I would love to see Spike hang out with Big Mac or Shining Armor ( mostly Shining Armor because that is like his brother or something)

4532237 yeah I understand that, or I would if he didn't already spend his time with the main 6, a group of young adult females. but remember this post is 13 weeks old now and my opinions have changed a bit. Now what I think about it he should have more male friends, we have seen him talking to Snips and Snails and I think he would know Shining Armour quite well, him being twilights brother and all. But I cant remember ever seeing him really interact with Big Mack before. But I guess there is a first for everything. (Still want a proper Spike and CMC episode though)

Eh, I just kinda liked that scene because I get a bit annoyed when fans claim the Mane Six "abandons" Spike whenever they go do something that doesn't involve him, as if he's incapable of making friends of his own gender and/or age, or generally have his own life going on separate from them.

Here we saw Spike being totally okay with them going out on some adventure without him, because he has his own plans. That was nice. We can probably safely assume that this the case any time he's now part of an episode, as opposed to sitting around the library/castle feeling lonely. Spike probably got to know Macintosh while shopping for apples or during that one time he tried to assist Applejack. Point is, just because we don't see him making friends on his own, that doesn't mean he doesn't have them.

As for Spike interacting with the CMC - again, that would be sweet. However, it's probably more likely that he does so, say, during Twilight Time or when he hangs around Rarity's place, or during occasional run-in around Ponyville. It's practically impossible he doesn't talk to them on occasion, anyway, even if it's not given screen time.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 15