It is Wednesday.
Oh, and I have Internet now. You probably all read those chapter updates I threw up Monday night. Worth the wait, right? Finger lickin' good, right? Right? RITE? WRIGH-
Guess what made me superdy-duperdy happy?
I already vented a bit about Robotic Stallion Big Lugnut on my previous blog post, but here are some fun facts about the story for those of you who tune in on Wednesday:
1. My original plan for this story featured Flim and Flam as constantly reoccurring villains.
2. I seriously considered a plot that would have shipped Lugnut and Scootaloo which called for a pretty major event around Chapter 9-10.
3. Gibson Song is partly based off my older brother and Mr. Mulch is partly based off my grandpa.
4. I wrote Chapter 9 with trenches and fedoras originally, but edited it after my friend made a comment about "sombreros catching rain".
5. I got the idea for Stoli after attending a Russian Honors Society initiation, a ceremony in which shots of vodka were involved.
6. I considered a plot line where both Daring Do and Query die.
7. I considered putting one of Pinkie's sisters as the mid-wife instead of Fluttershy's mom.
8. Someone did catch it, but I did kill off Tom in this.
9. The Epilogue was finished before the Finale was.
10. Nil and Null are perfectly named. Nil was made first and Null was made second. On top of that, a unicorn has one horn and a pegasus has two wings. It's so genius, I had to make sure someone acknowledges how genius.
I hope you're all looking forward to The Tryst because I am looking forward to it. I might even have an editor for it. I can make all the mistakes I want!
Oh, for you Cocoon readers out there, I just wanna say I friggen' love you guys right now. When your comments aren't helpful reactions to parts of the story, they are demands for more Cocoon. You guys/gals/chicos/chicas/garcons/whatever french for ladies is, kick butt.
Despite all the hootin' and hollerin' I'm doing for The Tryst...
The Tryst The Tryst The Tryst The Tryst
I actually have a sort of novelty side-series in the works as well. I'll just go ahead and tell you it's called Pictures for Sad Ponies and it is indeed another crossover with Pictures for Sad Children. It was inspired by temps and making angry phone calls... two things that have been very relevant to me as of late. At any rate, it'll just be short and sweet chapters and I will probably update it in chunks when the mood hits me.
ENOUGH ABOUT ME THOUGH,
I'm gonna level with you guys: I am a sucker for stories that focus on family dynamics. During movies I don't cry during the death scenes or the dramatic reunion of lovers. No! I cry during the scene the son and the dad are playing catch or when the orphan finally finds their real parents... that shrimp just breaks me up man... just... *sniffle*...
And as a result, this story featured the combination of best pony Rainbow Dash and the right way to tug at my heartstrings. Go read it, Lord Anubis demands it!
Wanna watch the song and listen to the video that helped inspire King Cocoon of the Changelings? If you don't have Synesthesia, it is impossible, but here it is for those of you who just want to sense it normally.